Ellis county range

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
wheelgun1958
Posts in topic: 1

Ellis county range

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Is anyone familiar with a public range on the I-45 corridor between Ferris and Ennis? We will be moving to Bristol soon.

:bigear:

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Ellis county range

Post by C-dub »

TDSA isn't too far from that area. I'm not sure if they are public or not.
http://www.tdsa.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

equin

Post by equin »

The only one I know of is TDSA in Ferris. It's a private range. I used to be a member and am thinking of rejoining. It's a good, functional range ingeniously using big walls of crushed spare tires as part of the terms and backdrops. So it's not the prettiest, most scenic range I've been to, but it works. Also, it's near the Trinity River, so it gets muddy and wet and prone to mosquitoes, so bring insect repellant.
Ed

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

With the amount of rain we've been getting, it doesn't matter how close a range was to water before. They're all close to water now. :lol:

If you go to an outdoor range anywhere, bring bug spray.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

berettadave

Post by berettadave »

Ellis County shooting range is also known as the DeSoto gun club. It's shotgun only from what I've been told.

equin

Post by equin »

Yes, the Desoto Gun Club is further west off I-35E between Red Oak and Waxahachie. I believe it's a private range -shotgun only as BerettaDave said.

And I've heard there's another range near Midlothian by 287 that's open to the public but haven't been yet. There was a thread on here about it.

But the only one by Ferris north of Ennis that I know of is TDSA as mentioned above.
Ed

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

equin wrote:Yes, the Desoto Gun Club is further west off I-35E between Red Oak and Waxahachie. I believe it's a private range -shotgun only as BerettaDave said.

And I've heard there's another range near Midlothian by 287 that's open to the public but haven't been yet. There was a thread on here about it.

But the only one by Ferris north of Ennis that I know of is TDSA as mentioned above.
Haven't been there to the one near Midlothian, but have been by it several times. It is on the north side of 287 about 1 mile east of State 360, close to Mountain Creek and West of FM 661 and CR 506. It should be coming out of the flood now. :evil2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

c.edgington

Post by c.edgington »

TXGUNRANGE.COM is the one north of Midlo. I went there JUST before we had the torrential downpour, and it wasn't bad. They let you shoot FMJ's on the rifle range out to 100 yards, which is nice. The guy in the office was a little less than friendly and the RO apparently put everyone's targets out except for ours (which normally I WOULDN'T expect but was a little confused as to why we got denied the caddie treatment). I'll be giving it another try, especially as they're one of the few places you can shoot rifle FMJ's in DFW.
Sent-01/22/2014
Plastic-3/15/14

Return to “Shooting Ranges”