The Arms Room, League City

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Kevinf2349
Posts in topic: 6

The Arms Room, League City

Post by Kevinf2349 »

I noticed that the sign for the Arms Room has been erected on their new site (646 & I45). :hurry: :clapping:

Does anyone have any idea of when they are moving and what the range arrangements are going to be? Are they going to membership packages (I was told they may do so one time when I was talking to them).

I can't wait for it to open. :fire

:tiphat:
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

williamkevin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The Arms Room, League City

Post by williamkevin »

Kevinf2349 wrote:I noticed that the sign for the Arms Room has been erected on their new site (646 & I45). :hurry: :clapping:

Does anyone have any idea of when they are moving and what the range arrangements are going to be? Are they going to membership packages (I was told they may do so one time when I was talking to them).

I can't wait for it to open. :fire

:tiphat:
They have a facebook page with most of that information. It will be a public range that also offers membership packages.

Topic author
Kevinf2349

Post by Kevinf2349 »

Thanks. I have found them. :tiphat:

I love going to the Arms Room, but Elizabeth is always trying to get me to buy guns....for the wife! .... but that is OK I guess that is her job "rlol" "rlol"

Edit: Good Lord the membership prices are wayyyyyyyyy out of my league. :leaving :cryin Guess I will stick to Marksman despite the drive. What a bummer.

and in the spirit of 'no hard feelings' here is the link for anyone interested in an early bird membership http://www.thearmsroomtx.com/Memberships.htm

04/24/09 - CHL Class

NRA & TSRA Member

Skooter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Skooter »

I love that gun shop but; Holy Moly..... They should probably rename it "An Arm and a Leg Room" at those posted prices. They advertise "No set up fees"; I like for someone to explain exactly what the $500, $750 & $1,000 first year fee is. Am I missing something?

Skooter
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Kevinf2349 wrote:Good Lord the membership prices are wayyyyyyyyy out of my league
PSC-Range is $150 per year. $50 initiation fee first year.
With your membership, your immediate family is also allowed (husband/wife and children)
The member must always be there with the family member.
However your wife/husband and child 18-23 ( I think the ages are right) can be "associate members" for $20 per year and they can then go by themselves.
Another benefit, the member can bring up to 2 -non family members at any time as well - Check it out
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

I, too, was hoping for some sort of "frequent flyer" type membership. I work less than five minutes from there and me and several co-workers were planning on going there frequently during lunch and for team-building type getaways. But I can't swing the $500.00 for the first year and then $10.00 range fee a day on top of that (unless I'm misunderstanding their membership fee table). If the membership is that expensive, I can't imagine what the daily/hourly range fees might be. Plus, I wouldn't get a membership without williamkevin getting a membership and that would be $1000 for the year. I'm really disappointed.

I have my PSC membership (which I wasn't going to give up anyways), so I'm good.

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

silverbear

Post by silverbear »

http://www.thearmsroomtx.com/Memberships.htm

Am I reading this right? $500 for standard membership plus $10 range fee? :confused5
I support the right to arm bears.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

silverbear wrote:$500 for standard membership plus $10 range fee
that makes the PSC fees of $150 per year, including immediate family at no charge, and no per day range fee, so much better :)
PSC has 8 or 9 pistol bays, steel targets, shotgun, archery, rifle, skeet, and air soft. all for the same price :)
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

TLE2

Post by TLE2 »

I was in there the other day for the first time. I almost dropped my jaw to the floor when I saw the membership price!

I'll stick to PSC thank you...and I've been shooting in the rain there.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Their membership prices are absurd!

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Is Marksman Gun Range still there on HW 3 near Hobby Airport? It is not the nicest or the best neighborhood, but it used to be cheap.

silverbear

Post by silverbear »

MechAg94 wrote:Is Marksman Gun Range still there on HW 3 near Hobby Airport? It is not the nicest or the best neighborhood, but it used to be cheap.
Yeah still there. Only been there once since but it was definitely clean, well lit, and had a very friendly staff.
I support the right to arm bears.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

silverbear wrote:
MechAg94 wrote:Is Marksman Gun Range still there on HW 3 near Hobby Airport? It is not the nicest or the best neighborhood, but it used to be cheap.
Yeah still there. Only been there once since but it was definitely clean, well lit, and had a very friendly staff.
Okay. A few years back, it was $7 per person with no limit on time or guns and was open on Sundays. It might be a couple bucks more these days.

Topic author
Kevinf2349

Post by Kevinf2349 »

MechAg94 wrote:
silverbear wrote:
Okay. A few years back, it was $7 per person with no limit on time or guns and was open on Sundays. It might be a couple bucks more these days.
It was $8 per person a month or so ago, that includes a coupe of targets. They welcome small caliber rifles and shotguns (no slugs I believe). Ladies shoot for free on Monday's too. :fire :tiphat:

04/24/09 - CHL Class

NRA & TSRA Member

LarryH
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LarryH »

As I also reported on the other Arms Room thread, their range fees for non-members will be $12/hour, for as many guns as you can carry in and/or afford to feed.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”