Alcohol and Guns

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
thatguy
Posts in topic: 1

Alcohol and Guns

Post by thatguy »

I was at the Arm's Room last night when the RSO came off the range with a young man in tow. I could not believe my eyes but the young man was drinking a beer while shooting on the range! His father was with him and claimed he did not even notice. Over the years we have made many jokes about drinking and shooting but I did not think I would ever see something like this. The young man was barred from ever coming back to The Arm's Room. He was also arrested by the LCPD for public intox. Both the young man and his father could not believe we made such a big deal about the incident. Just goes to show you, when I think I have seen everything....

Please take care and God Bless,

Brian Mobley
In the endless pursuit of perfection, we may achieve excellence.

Texas LTC and School Safety Instructor and NRA Training Counselor

longtooth

Re: Alcohol and Guns

Post by longtooth »

Well sir, you are one ahead of me. As yet I have not had that experience. Glad they got him off the range before someone got hurt or worse.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Brian Mobley wrote:the young man was drinking a beer while shooting on the range!
:eek6 .... :nono:

That boy ain't right. :???:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

XinTX
Posts in topic: 3

Post by XinTX »

Jeez leweez! Hard to believe that. Had I done that I wouldn't have been able to shoot after the butt whoopin' I would have gotten.

But Brian, did you call him a "ninny"?
“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jasonw560 »

How about this for a sign on a range:

"Pursuant to the laws of common sense, no alcohol shall be consumed on the premises while operating a firearm. Failure to comply shall result in arrest, a slap upside the head, or both and all alcohol containers shall be used as targets."
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

Ameer
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Ameer »

Is that an indoor range? I wouldn't even drink a Pepsi at an indoor range because of lead.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

Ameer wrote:Is that an indoor range? I wouldn't even drink a Pepsi at an indoor range because of lead.
If the lounge area and the range are separated, it's not a big deal, if they have separate ventilation systems, as they should have.

Plus, you have to be exposed to certain amounts for a long time to get your lead levels up. I forgot the exact exposure limits. Daily exposure for hours a day.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

XinTX

Post by XinTX »

Jasonw560 wrote:
Ameer wrote:Is that an indoor range? I wouldn't even drink a Pepsi at an indoor range because of lead.
If the lounge area and the range are separated, it's not a big deal, if they have separate ventilation systems, as they should have.

Plus, you have to be exposed to certain amounts for a long time to get your lead levels up. I forgot the exact exposure limits. Daily exposure for hours a day.
It's indoors. There is a (fairly nice) separate lounge with snack and drink machines. Yet to see a bar in there though.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Jasonw560 wrote:

I wouldn't eat a sandwich after shooting unless I washed my hands first...
Putting anything in my mouth while at the range is a bit :shock:

Yeah... overkill... I know.. :smilelol5:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

If airborne lead particulates and everything else we've been warned about is so hazardous to our health, how come there are so many people?

Just askin'... :headscratch

XinTX

Post by XinTX »

Don't know if lead is the problem, but something had apparently impacted that kids IQ.

Mastodon

Post by Mastodon »

Oldgringo wrote:If airborne lead particulates and everything else we've been warned about is so hazardous to our health, how come there are so many people?

Just askin'... :headscratch
Birds and the bees and ... boredom...
Chartered By The Republic of Texas in 1845

NRA
TSRA

Μολών Λαβέ

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

When in doubt
Vote them out!

maxlib

Post by maxlib »

Jasonw560 wrote:How about this for a sign on a range:

"Pursuant to the laws of common sense, no alcohol shall be consumed on the premises or before arriving at the premises or while operating a firearm. Failure to comply shall result in arrest, a slap upside the head, or both and all alcohol containers shall be used as targets."

Fixed it for you.
“No, that is the great fallacy; the wisdom of old men. They do not grow wise. They grow careful”. Count Greffi, A Farewell To Arms, Ernest Hemmingway

terryg

Post by terryg »

XinTX wrote:
Jasonw560 wrote:

It's indoors. There is a (fairly nice) separate lounge with snack and drink machines. Yet to see a bar in there though.
The range also has a *really* good ventilation system. Not that I would slap down a picnic blanket mind you. :smilelol5:
... this space intentionally left blank ...

Return to “Shooting Ranges”