New Range going up in Roanoke....

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Jim101
Posts in topic: 7

New Range going up in Roanoke....

Post by Jim101 »

Went to the Gun Show yesterday at Dallas Market Hall and talked to guy opening a range called Tactical Edge (http://www.h3tacticaledge.com) looks like a good place, will open in October. Check out the web site, you can practice your "draw" at this range.....

Jim
PS: I am in NO way associated with this Range...........
NRA, TSRA

Delta
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Delta »

I heard about this one a few months ago, I have been waiting for this range to open.... :D

It is supposed to be the ULTIMATE range experience.

Can't wait

B

Topic author
Jim101

Post by Jim101 »

You can also be a "Life Time Member" for............$5,000..... :shock:

Jim
NRA, TSRA

Braden
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Braden »

Looks like it will be a nice range. Hopefully they're plans carry through and we have another good option for shooting in the metroplex.
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

dws1117
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dws1117 »

The people that are opening this range are total JERKS!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Because, they are opening it there instead of Houston, north Houston to be precise. :( :( :(

I am so jealous.

Braden

Post by Braden »

If it makes you feel better, I'll try it out in October and then post back here about what jerks they are. :lol: :wink:

dws1117
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dws1117 »

Why I oughta.... If you weren't so far away I would....well I don't know but I would, dangit!

I just may have to come to dallas and be your guest for a day at the range. :D

Topic author
Jim101

Post by Jim101 »

If it is nice enough for someone to use the word "dang" , I may have to join...... :D For $300 a year vs. $15 a visit, well dang, you do the math....
On the serious side, is this a "chain" or one man's idea?

Thanks,

Jim
NRA, TSRA

Delta

Post by Delta »

Jim101 wrote:If it is nice enough for someone to use the word "dang" , I may have to join...... :D For $300 a year vs. $15 a visit, well dang, you do the math....
On the serious side, is this a "chain" or one man's idea?

Thanks,

Jim
I believe it is ones man idea.... I will check it out a few times. Then I will join the club, PUBLIC ranges scare the hell out of me. :shock:

Topic author
Jim101

Post by Jim101 »

Delta,

I may have to join as well, I have been shooting at Quail Creek and really enjoy the guys that run/Ranger the place, very helpful and friendly, that is where I took my CHL class, I always try to back the "Ma and Pa" stores......
Have you shot at DFW Gun Range? If so, what is your impression of the place? Looks good from the web site, getting ready to make a trip there this weekend........

Thanks,

Jim
NRA, TSRA

Delta

Post by Delta »

Jim101 wrote:Delta,

I may have to join as well, I have been shooting at Quail Creek and really enjoy the guys that run/Ranger the place, very helpful and friendly, that is where I took my CHL class, I always try to back the "Ma and Pa" stores......
Have you shot at DFW Gun Range? If so, what is your impression of the place? Looks good from the web site, getting ready to make a trip there this weekend........

Thanks,

Jim
DFW gun range---> very professional staff and a good range
Backwoods Traps---> I used to RO there, good range
Quail Creek---> good range
Winchester gun range on Luna Rd, gang banger haven. I refuse to go there unless I am wearing body armor, which I have.
DFW gun club---VERY GOOD
Collin County Range---> I like it, but only when needed.
Bullet trap in Plano----> Very professional range and staff
Tac-Pro Stephenville... Good out door range, long range rifle, sub machine gun range.

I like to go to different gun ranges...

If you have questions on some ranges drop me a PM and I can tell you what I have found out.

B

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txinvestigator »

Jim101 wrote:Delta,

Thanks,

Jim
I teach at the DFW Gun Range. If I may toot our own horn, we try to be very personable and friendly, while also keeping things safe. We have a good group of counter employees who are knowledgeable and friendly.

We have 14 lanes, and rifles are allowed on 9 of those. Shotguns are allowed. 9 of the lanes are 25 yards, and 5 are 15 yards. As do most indoor ranges, we have a huge problems with people destroying the equipment, including the target rails and carrriers. We do our best to keep on it, but you might occasionally find a lane or 2 down for repair.

We offer many classes, including CHL, Security Levels 1,2, 3 and 4, a 2 hour private instructionintro to handguns and other private training. We regularly offer OC, Handcuff and baton classes for security and others needing such training.

We also have regular intermediate and advanced CHL pistol classes.

Later this month were are conducting an advanced VIP protection course. I can provide details for anyone interested.

We have a full rental selection, so try before you buy. We also stock a full compliment of guns for sale, including the Glocks, Kimbers, Springfields, Sig Sauer, HK, Ruger, Walther, S&W, etc. We also stock long guns, and have AR's, HK G3 clone, the JLD, SAR's etc.

We have a line of Sig Sauer clothing including vests and tac pants. We also carry body armor, holsters, surefire lighting, M3 and M6 lights/lasers, laser drips and guide rods, and GG&G parts for AR's.

I will be in Saturday with a guard class, so ask for Jeff when you get in. I'll buy you one of our lousy cups of coffee.

Braden

Post by Braden »

dws1117 wrote:Why I oughta.... If you weren't so far away I would....well I don't know but I would, dangit!

I just may have to come to dallas and be your guest for a day at the range. :D
Have at it....or when I have to come down to Spring to visit the in-laws you can treat me to a few hours at YOUR local range. :wink:

Braden

Post by Braden »

Jim101 wrote: Have you shot at DFW Gun Range? If so, what is your impression of the place? Looks good from the web site, getting ready to make a trip there this weekend........

Thanks,

Jim
The staff there is good and they seem to be very helpful for those who need help (like the guys who tried shooting 9mm through a .40 cal the last time I was there). They are very expensive if you rent their guns because they charge an arm and two legs for their ammo (which you must use in their guns), but if you're bringing your own guns and ammo then they're pretty reasonable. Even more so if you bring your own targets (I think they charge $1 a piece for them). It's a nice facility with good equipment.

Topic author
Jim101

Post by Jim101 »

Jeff,

If plans don't change, I'll look for you this Sat. I am thinking about checking the place out this week during lunch, I work on Hidden Ridge in Irving which is only about 15 minutes down the road. How are their gun prices? How do they compare with Academy, which I think has the best gun prices in the area...I have been looking at a Ruger 9mm 345 for a sometimes carry, range gun....

Thanks,
Jim
NRA, TSRA

Return to “Shooting Ranges”