New Range in Mesquite

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
txhusker
Posts in topic: 1

New Range in Mesquite

Post by txhusker »

There is a pretty new gun range in Mesquite at The Gun Zone (on the west bound frontage road of I-30 just a little ways west of the I-30/I-635 interchange). It is a very nice well lit climate controlled range! The store front has been there a while now. Very friendly staff with a nice selection of firearms and ammo. They do have member and non-member rates and rentals. Member not only get a discount on range visits but also a discount on firearms, ammo and accessories. I go there occasionally on my lunch hour or after work since my office is so close. Check it out if you are in the area! :cool:

Commander

Re: New Range in Mesquite

Post by Commander »

I've shot there twice. Very nice clean and well lit range with courteous staff. My one complaint is the AC, there are vents at each lane that blow nice cool air directly under them, but when you step forward to shoot, even though it's just a few feet , it's hot. I left both times drenched in sweat. They need to have their AC contractor do some reconfiguring of the ductwork to correct this issue.
"Happiness is a warm gun" - The Beatles - 1969

Commander

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

Sorry to dig up an old thread but, has anyone been here lately? Just wondering how your experience was if so. I'm going to check it out in the near future.
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

jbcummings

Post by jbcummings »

It's still a good spot. Well lighted, clean. My only gripe is it's not very big. Only 6-8 lanes.

fast86gn

Post by fast86gn »

This is where i go every time. Never had a issue there can be a waiting list at times being only 8 lanes but it is a great place to shoot.

And yeah the AC problem that Commmander spoke of I have experienced that but it's usually when the AC hasn't been on very long like on Sundays when they open at noon. It takes a bit for the range area to cool down.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”