the firing line in georgetown

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
liberty2014
Posts in topic: 1

the firing line in georgetown

Post by liberty2014 »

Just wondering if anybody has been there and how they feel. Iike the tactical bays, but best of the west is a pretty good drive snd the firing line is a lot more close. Because the same people that owns guns plus, a store that is chargimg $40 for pmags and $325 for a $65 ar lower im not sure if i should give them my business. If youve shot there let me know how it was please.

flechero

Re: the firing line in georgetown

Post by flechero »

For what it's worth, I was in guns plus (back in the summer?) just as the firing line was opening and the guy referred to it as a friend of his that was opening the range. So I think that it's a simple agreement where one collects money for another and probably get free membership for it.

I don't know either of them and haven't given either of them any business.

atxtj

Post by atxtj »

Anyone been out there yet? I have heard next to nothing about it.

Bozz48

Post by Bozz48 »

I took my CHL class thru Guns Plus in September. We used The Firing Line for the range qualification. The impression I got was that the owner of G+ also owns The Firing Line. She, yes she, said it was on a yearly membership basis. You are issued a gate code and a badge. There is no daily pay as you go option. New memberships begin in January. So, if you join up in say, March or July, it is pro-rated for the first year. There are additional daily fees for guests and for private use of the tactical bays. You can get more info at the web site.

edorgon
Posts in topic: 2

Post by edorgon »

Pretty simple and no frills set up. Several bays, with berms. 100+ yds, 50yds, close-in pistol set up (leo used for their CHL classes 2X a month. Several other bays. The good news it is NEVER crowded. I have a membership, and half the times I go (after work usually) place is empty. Good simple setup. Find the folks at Guns+ knowledgeable and friendly. Unlike another post, found their gun prices always cheaper than Gander or Calbela. for example, bout year ago bought LCP for $300. Other two wanted %325. Two weeks ago bough S&W MP22 for $360. Gander wants $379 ON SALE (Usually $412).

HKMike

Post by HKMike »

I really like Best of the West, but I will have to try The Firing Line. I can drop by the German Restaurant out there for some food at the same time. (Two birds, one stone)

Mike

OnceFired

Post by OnceFired »

Here's their website:

http://texasfiringline.com/

I don't get up to Georgetown much these days. I have to hit the RV store up there soon though - maybe I'll go there + the German restaurant too! :) Um, what's the name of the restaurant?

OF
Video games are an escape from reality. Gun ownership is for when you can't.
CHL - 07/03/12 submitted, 09/07/12 received
Texas Security Guard Jobs

edorgon
Posts in topic: 2

Post by edorgon »

German restaurant up from Firing Line is good, but go just a tad farther to Dale's for an awesome burger...dripping and huge...

Return to “Shooting Ranges”