New Range in Spicewood, TX

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 2

New Range in Spicewood, TX

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Was anyone at the Austin Gun Show in Cedar Park last weekend? An exhibitor in the perimeter area was advertising a new range opening in Spicewood, but I forgot the name of it and when it actually opens, as I was distracted by a new purchase. Apparently it is indeed outdoors, but the targets will be on a roll and when you are ready for a new one, you can have a snapshot taken of the target you just finished shooting and have a picture of it texted to your phone. After the picture is sent you just advance the roller to a new target. This will eliminate the need for any cease fires.

Really nice business model IMHO and great technology advance, but if anyone encountered that booth and caught when they were opening I'd appreciate the info.

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New Range in Spicewood, TX

Post by cb1000rider »

I was there. I had an interesting discussion with Cedar Park PD on the 30.06 signs.
We got stopped by the range guy too.. Interesting offering. Wide "lanes" in the range with some form of either online videos of targets and/or optical scoring of targets. Archery range and some sort of range for the "kids" with soft bullets...
No info on the fees. He did say that it worked to be economical to join as long as I was at the range 3 times per week. Sounds good, but I have other hobbies...

I'm up for more range options, especially ranges that keep me from walking downrange to setup targets.

Topic author
Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

cb1000rider wrote:I was there. I had an interesting discussion with Cedar Park PD on the 30.06 signs.
We got stopped by the range guy too.. Interesting offering. Wide "lanes" in the range with some form of either online videos of targets and/or optical scoring of targets. Archery range and some sort of range for the "kids" with soft bullets...
No info on the fees. He did say that it worked to be economical to join as long as I was at the range 3 times per week. Sounds good, but I have other hobbies...

I'm up for more range options, especially ranges that keep me from walking downrange to setup targets.
May I inquire as to the nature of that conversation? I for one had to go back to my car.

If you need to go three times per week to get value from the membership, sounds like it may be a range for the rich and famous rather than the poor and nameless.

bpnkrtn
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bpnkrtn »

Any further information on the range, name, location, etc. Thanks

Return to “Shooting Ranges”