Astro's Shooting Range

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Bozz48
Posts in topic: 2

Astro's Shooting Range

Post by Bozz48 »

Anyone here ever been to Astro's out 183 North near Florence? Just wondering what your experience was. It's pretty close to me, and I have been going to Stan's, but was thinking about trying a new place.

myntalfloss
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Astro's Shooting Range

Post by myntalfloss »

I went out there a couple of month's ago. I was looking for tactical bays but they didn't have those and suggested Best of the West. Nice folks though

Topic author
Bozz48
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bozz48 »

I did finally make it out to Astro's range back in March. The 50/100 yard rifle range was okay. I was a little disappointed in the pistol range, as the benches were set up for only one distance, 7 yards. I like to practice at 10 and 15 yards. Also, I didn't like having to walk back to the office when I switched from rifle to pistol range. Lot of walking for this old man.

russell_314
Posts in topic: 1

Post by russell_314 »

Bozz48 wrote:I did finally make it out to Astro's range back in March. The 50/100 yard rifle range was okay. I was a little disappointed in the pistol range, as the benches were set up for only one distance, 7 yards. I like to practice at 10 and 15 yards. Also, I didn't like having to walk back to the office when I switched from rifle to pistol range. Lot of walking for this old man.
Astro has 15 yard pistol lanes but they're uncovered. They're to the right of the 7 yard covered pistol lanes.

The only thing I might complain about is they require you to wear a baseball hat. I guess this is for the rare case of a shell casing landing between your safety glasses and face.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”