Collin County Gun Range

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 3

Collin County Gun Range

Post by sjfcontrol »

If there's still anybody out there that cares…

It appears the old Colin County Gun Range had been taken over by a building materials supplier.

RIP CCGR
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Collin County Gun Range

Post by Beiruty »

I never understand why there is no interest to build a nice range like in Allen, or McKinney. The nearest to me are FGC and Bullet trap, both are 25-35 mins away.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Beiruty wrote:I never understand why there is no interest to build a nice range like in Allen, or McKinney. The nearest to me are FGC and Bullet trap, both are 25-35 mins away.
Part of the problem in Plano, Allen McKinney is getting zoning approval for a range. I was amazed Frisco allowed it. I was told that If bullet trap ever closes, they will not allow another range to enter Plano.

The Collin county range has been shut down for quite some time. The city of McKinney shut them down in 2006. I believe it was taken to court and the range lost. Developers don't much like building expensive homes in the vicinity of a gun range.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Beiruty wrote:I never understand why there is no interest to build a nice range like in Allen, or McKinney. The nearest to me are FGC and Bullet trap, both are 25-35 mins away.
Part of the problem in Plano, Allen McKinney is getting zoning approval for a range. I was amazed Frisco allowed it. I was told that If bullet trap ever closes, they will not allow another range to enter Plano.

The Collin county range has been shut down for quite some time. The city of McKinney shut them down in 2006. I believe it was taken to court and the range lost. Developers don't much like building expensive homes in the vicinity of a gun range.
I wished that all the new gun range are like FGC , super clean and luxurious. It is a gift to Frisco to have such in-door gun range.
Beiruty,

03Lightningrocks

Beiruty wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:

I wished that all the new gun range are like FGC , super clean and luxurious. It is a gift to Frisco to have such in-door gun range.
I'm with you on that. I really like the place and so far the folks working there have been great. BTW, we still need to meet up there and do some shooting. I try to avoid weekends. I like ladies night :mrgreen: . But I am single.... Married guys aren't allowed. :nono: that cuts you out. Maybe during the day on a weekday? I'm usually able to work out a range trip if I know a day or so ahead.

jbarn
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jbarn »

sjfcontrol wrote:If there's still anybody out there that cares…

It appears the old Colin County Gun Range had been taken over by a building materials supplier.

RIP CCGR
Yeah, like in 2007 I think. I shot there a bit before that..... :patriot:
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

jbarn

Post by jbarn »

Beiruty wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:

Have you been to the new DFW Gun Range on Mockingbird yet? They rebuilt and it is supposedly very nice.

Also, Shoot Smart runs two clean and well cared for facilities with Private lanes where you can rapid fire, do holster work, etc. Great staff at both locations...
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

Topic author
sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Beiruty wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:

I don't. I don't care for the Country Club atmosphere. Or prices.
Never Forget. Image

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:

I'm with you on that. I really like the place and so far the folks working there have been great. BTW, we still need to meet up there and do some shooting. I try to avoid weekends. I like ladies night :mrgreen: . But I am single.... Married guys aren't allowed. :nono: that cuts you out. Maybe during the day on a weekday? I'm usually able to work out a range trip if I know a day or so ahead.
Ah, for one like myself, one has the liberty to be a spouse of 4 max. Alas, we are living in US and one spouse is an overkill. :smilelol5: Set a date, let me know what do you like to shoot, rifle or pistol and I am up to it.
:fire :fire :fire
Beiruty,

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

jbarn wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:

Have you been to the new DFW Gun Range on Mockingbird yet? They rebuilt and it is supposedly very nice.

Also, Shoot Smart runs two clean and well cared for facilities with Private lanes where you can rapid fire, do holster work, etc. Great staff at both locations...
It is quite drive to DFW gun range, but I may swing by if we have a range meeting. I remember our CHL forum folks had range day at DFW Gun range and had lunch afterward. We need to organize such event again.
Beiruty,

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

There is interest, but it is not economically feasible, particularly in McKinney which will fight you every step of the way.

I shot at CCGR for years and had tactical range privileges, and believe me, I miss that more than a stand and deliver range like most of the others. The only tactical ranges in the area, available to me at this time, are Jacobs Plain, and Forney.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Topic author
sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

jimlongley wrote:
There is interest, but it is not economically feasible, particularly in McKinney which will fight you every step of the way.

I shot at CCGR for years and had tactical range privileges, and believe me, I miss that more than a stand and deliver range like most of the others. The only tactical ranges in the area, available to me at this time, are Jacobs Plain, and Forney.
Recent plans to build a small range in McKinney were submarined by the nice people at The Bullet Trap.

Oh, and the political makeup of the City Council have changed since the demise of CCGR.
Never Forget. Image

03Lightningrocks

Beiruty wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:

Ah, for one like myself, one has the liberty to be a spouse of 4 max. Alas, we are living in US and one spouse is an overkill. :smilelol5: Set a date, let me know what do you like to shoot, rifle or pistol and I am up to it.
:fire :fire :fire
Heck, I like to shoot either. I have rifles I need to get some practice with. We have to reserve our lanes ahead of time. I am in a Lennox Dealer meeting and catching grief from my daughter for playing on the gun forum instead of listening. :mrgreen: I will get with you over the weekend to set a date.

RedRaiderDavid
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RedRaiderDavid »

I have been to FGC a few times and you couldn't ask for a nicer place, I like Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville as well. It's obviously not as new, clean and large but the people there are very nice. Non member prices are the same but that covers the entire day, not just an hour. They also allow pistols and rifles on the same range.

wheelgun1958
Posts in topic: 1

Post by wheelgun1958 »

I always liked Backwood Traps in Little Elm. Also closed by NIMBY's.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”