Shoot Smart private suites

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Grapevinebill
Posts in topic: 1

Shoot Smart private suites

Post by Grapevinebill »

Has anyone used the private suites at Shoot Smart in Fort Worth? I have only used the regular lanes and think they are more than adequate for my needs. Are the private lines any better? What do they offer?
I've spent a lot of money on guns, bullets and holsters.... The rest I've just squandered away!

carlson1

Re: Shoot Smart private suites

Post by carlson1 »

They put me in a private suite in Grand Prairie the last time I was there. I did not ask them to. In fact I did not know they existed.

I loved it. For one thing there is concrete between you and the other shooters rather than plexiglass. You draw from your holster. You can shoot as fast as your heart desires. It is as close to bring at an outside range as you can get.

jbarn

Post by jbarn »

carlson1 wrote:They put me in a private suite in Grand Prairie the last time I was there. I did not ask them to. In fact I did not know they existed.

I loved it. For one thing there is concrete between you and the other shooters rather than plexiglass. You draw from your holster. You can shoot as fast as your heart desires. It is as close to bring at an outside range as you can get.

At Alliance the lanes are 5 feet wide and can accommodate up to 4. At GP they are a little more narrow, 4 and a half feet I think. The divider is floor to ceiling.

Like he said, holster work, rapid fire, etc.

A just a note, the plexiglass is bullet resistant and not actually plexi. Action Targets installed them.
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

Rodrigueztin07

Post by Rodrigueztin07 »

Grapevinebill wrote:Has anyone used the private suites at Shoot Smart in Fort Worth? I have only used the regular lanes and think they are more than adequate for my needs. Are the private lines any better? What do they offer?
Been to the one in Grand Prairie. I liked it a ton. Going to practice my drawing technique once I get my chl, it's within 15 minutes of where I live. There's even a groupon still going for a lane rental, gun rental, and 50 rounds... If you care to do it. :shock:

laketex

Post by laketex »

Thank you guys so much for this review. I wanted to take my girlfriend and her 15 year old son shooting for his first time. I've been having a little difficulty bonding with him, and trigger time has helped me bridge gaps before, thought it might again. I looked on here first for some suggestions, as I didn't want to take him somewhere shady. I normally shoot outdoors at a private range 1.5 hours from them. We went to the Grand Prairie location and had a blast. Ended up spending about 3 hours there in a private lane. He got to shoot .22, .223, 9mm, but much to my surprise, his favorite was the .38 S&W Mod 67 I inherited from my grandpa. He had a smile a mile wide, took instruction well, and shot pretty dang good for a newbie. Enjoyed myself immensely at this range. The staff was friendly and helpful, and also helped me install new sights on a pistol for me. I was able to draw and fire, and do defense type drills. The range is only 15 yards, so it's pretty ridiculous to take rifles in there, but they are allowed. We did a mock test for my gf's upcoming CHL and she shot a 235 with my glock 19. All around great time. I recommend it thoroughly for an indoor range.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”