Target Time Range Open Burleson (S. Ft.Worth)

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TexasGal
Posts in topic: 1

Target Time Range Open Burleson (S. Ft.Worth)

Post by TexasGal »

I wanted to give a shout out for a new small range that opened in my neck of the woods. Target Time, located at 5321 E Fm 1187, Burleson, TX 76028, is owned by some nice folks, Sherry and Robert first started with a small gun shop and have now moved a short distance to their new building that also houses a new indoor range. I got a chance to check it out recently. It was very enjoyable. The lanes are nicely laid out and it has good ventilation. No complaints at all on anything. Every time I have browsed the gun shop and talked to either of the owners or their employees, they have been consistently welcoming and easy to deal with. I am tickled to have this new range so close to my location and it also has a nice bunch running it. Check it out if you are in the area. But don't get too fond of it. It's nice to not have to wait too long to shoot :biggrinjester:
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Target Time Range Open Burleson (S. Ft.Worth)

Post by puma guy »

TexasGal wrote:I wanted to give a shout out for a new small range that opened in my neck of the woods. Target Time, located at 5321 E Fm 1187, Burleson, TX 76028, is owned by some nice folks, Sherry and Robert first started with a small gun shop and have now moved a short distance to their new building that also houses a new indoor range. I got a chance to check it out recently. It was very enjoyable. The lanes are nicely laid out and it has good ventilation. No complaints at all on anything. Every time I have browsed the gun shop and talked to either of the owners or their employees, they have been consistently welcoming and easy to deal with. I am tickled to have this new range so close to my location and it also has a nice bunch running it. Check it out if you are in the area. But don't get too fond of it. It's nice to not have to wait too long to shoot :biggrinjester:
I just returned from Mansfield and saw this place while I was there, though I didn't have time to visit. I was just about to post a query about the facilities here on the forum and I saw your post. I called them this morning to get some info on their range ie. distance, number, etc. Sounds good judging by your review.
I did visit a brand new gun shop just up the road in Mansfield, Marksmen Firearms. Lots of guns, prices are so so, but they had a lot of ammo. Even some CCI .22LR, but it was standard velocity. I drooled over their selection of STI 1911's. Very nice friendly folks. I'm going to visit Target Time next time I'm up in June.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

OldGrumpy

Post by OldGrumpy »

Thanks for the info. Will have to check them out.
Love God, Family, USA, and Texas
Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly with God - Micah 6:8

Selina Kyle

Post by Selina Kyle »

TexasGal wrote:I wanted to give a shout out for a new small range that opened in my neck of the woods. Target Time, located at 5321 E Fm 1187, Burleson, TX 76028, is owned by some nice folks, Sherry and Robert first started with a small gun shop and have now moved a short distance to their new building that also houses a new indoor range. I got a chance to check it out recently. It was very enjoyable. The lanes are nicely laid out and it has good ventilation. No complaints at all on anything. Every time I have browsed the gun shop and talked to either of the owners or their employees, they have been consistently welcoming and easy to deal with. I am tickled to have this new range so close to my location and it also has a nice bunch running it. Check it out if you are in the area. But don't get too fond of it. It's nice to not have to wait too long to shoot :biggrinjester:
Agreed!! Great place to shoot!!! :cheers2:
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

Barron76

Post by Barron76 »

Thats pretty close to me! I think I will have to check it out next time I can get away to go shoot, thanks.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

My wife volunteered to help our daughter with VBS at her church, so we're leaving for Mansfield today for a week's stay. I'm going to take a couple of handguns to try them out at Target Time. I have a .410 O/U I might try at Alpine as well.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Took my wife to shoot a few .22 pistols this afternoon at Target Time. I stopped by day before yesterday to check it out and the folks were very nice. There's a cinder block wall dividing 10 shooting lanes. We shot on lanes 7 and 8 on the right side and were the only ones shooting until the owner let off a few rounds on a lane on the other side of the wall. Air circulation seems very good. The owner said the turnover is once every hour.
He asked if it seemed warm (it did a little, but not uncomfortable). There were two free standing cooling units near us and every so often my wife would walk over to one.

Cost is $13 per hour and that includes 1 target. ($27 and some change for the two of us. They have a large selection of targets from which to choose, but I forgot to ask how much extra targets cost. They supply corrugated board and a stapler was available for small targets. I had my own stapler and tape but the card board to back the was plus. I have to tape them to silhouette targets w/o the board. They also allow AR's 5.56mm.

We took her Buck Mark, a K-22 that she's pretty good with and my new Sig 1911-22. I got to shoot a couple hundred rounds through the Sig. Shot some CCI Mini-Mags and some Remington Standard velocity I bought through the CMP. We both had duds with the Remington ammo. Never had any problems with it before . She had two and I had one. Tried them over and over in different guns with a minute or two between tries , but they never went off. It was definitely the ammo not the weapons.

We both enjoyed ourselves and will make it a regular thing when we come up to visit our daughter.

I mentioned to the owner that when I Google mapped his address a nursery across the street shows up in the street view. It's on the other side of FM 1187 by an All State Insurance office and utilizes the same drive way.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”