Marksman Indoor Range in South Houston

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Marksman Indoor Range in South Houston

Post by puma guy »

Marksman is a great place to shoot. Over the years it has been improved and now has a nice waiting area. It has changed owners since I started shooting there in the early 1960's, but the folks are very nice.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

wiz1997

Post by wiz1997 »

Marksman was the first range I ever shot at starting back in 1968 when I was 11.

My Dad took me and others from my Scout Troop 251 there for our Rifle and Shotgun merit badge.
The
My Mom and Dad shot there for many years since it is only about five miles from their house.

I now take my Mom who is 82 over there if we don't have the time to drive out to the Bayou Rifles range which i am a member of, or if its too cold for her to be outside.

Range is well kept, well ventilated and they know my Mom by name.

Generally packed during lunch hours, but no problem getting a lane between 2:00 and 5:00.

Antares

Post by Antares »

I shot there last Saturday the range was OK but we had 40 shooters in my CHL class and the instructor wore a face mask so I don't know about the ventilation. The range itself seemed shorter instead of the normal 25 yards or greater. They were crowded not a lot of parking but it wasn't bad.
God Bless our Military and the United States

Return to “Shooting Ranges”