Rifle Ranges near Glen Rose

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Rifle Ranges near Glen Rose

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I'm going to be at a church retreat this weekend in Glen Rose, at the Riverbend Retreat Center, and I'm going to have some free time on Saturday. I thought I might bring a couple of rifles along, and grab a couple of guys for company during that free time and head over to the range..........if there is one......

Can any of you recommend a decent rifle range in that area, not too far out of town? 100 yards would be OK. Longer would be even better.

Thanks for any recomendations.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TxRVer
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Rifle Ranges near Glen Rose

Post by TxRVer »

Probably expensive, but Rough Creek Lodge claims to have a 1000 yard range.
Charlie

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Yeah, I had already checked out Rough Creek, and the prices are prohibitive. I don't even know if you can get a "day pass" there. It looks like you have to actually be a guest there to use the facilities.

I just need a simple range where we can pay a small fee per person to shoot for an hour or two.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Update: I phoned Roughcreek Lodge. Yes, you can get a "day pass" for their 100 yard rifle range. The cost is $75.00/shooter/hour. :shock: I'll pass.....

However, I did find Uncle George's Sporting Goods, which has a 100 yard rifle range out back for $20/shooter/day.......and it is actually closer to the retreat center than Roughcreek. So that's where I'm headed.

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Well, I went to Uncle George's on Saturday and brought along a handful of guys from the retreat. It's kind of a dumpy range, but it works just fine. The owners were friendly, and the price actually turned out to be only $12.50/head. I'd shoot there again.

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Shooting Ranges”