Just found this place near me

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 1

Just found this place near me

Post by Jasonw560 »

Once I get my pistol (wife is still against it, but mellowing somewhat) I may train here:

http://borderlandsecurity.com/

The guy who owns it is an LT. in the loacal PD.

Anyone in The Valley may want to check them out.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

OldCurlyWolf

Re: Just found this place near me

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Jasonw560 wrote:Once I get my pistol (wife is still against it, but mellowing somewhat)
There are a couple of simple ways to handle that situation:

1. Pistol first, wife second (order of acquisition)
2. New Wife.

:evil2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Jasonw560 wrote:Once I get my pistol (wife is still against it, but mellowing somewhat) I may train here:

Any kids? Younger is better.

EDIT: Reading this it sounded way more creepy than I intended. Sorry. My wife finally caved on my first gun when our daughter was very young. There had been many child abductions within recent months and we had someone attempt to open our back gate and enter our backyard all while our two Rotties were trying to remove their fingers. They were undeterred until I challenged them. Using this, I asked her what she was going to do if someone snuck into our home and stole our baby. She said she'd call the police. I reminded he she'd better get a good description of the vehicle driving away to give the police when they arrived several minutes later. We lived within a few hundred yards of a major interstate highway. She thought about it for a couple minutes and said, Okay!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Jasonw560 wrote:Once I get my pistol (wife is still against it, but mellowing somewhat) I may train here:

In the RGV, Harlingen no less, you found an anti-gun wife? How the Valley must have changed since I grew up there and married a Brownsville girl. Fortunately I haven't had to confront the problem since none of my or my wife's relatives that I've ever met are anti-gun (my wife came with her own gun). But the way I see it, as a man, it is my responsibility to defend my wife and family, so there would be no way my wife is going to tell me what tools I can use to accomplish that anymore than she can tell me what tools I can have to work on our cars.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

VMI77 wrote:

In the RGV, Harlingen no less, you found an anti-gun wife? How the Valley must have changed since I grew up there and married a Brownsville girl. Fortunately I haven't had to confront the problem since none of my or my wife's relatives that I've ever met are anti-gun (my wife came with her own gun). But the way I see it, as a man, it is my responsibility to defend my wife and family, so there would be no way my wife is going to tell me what tools I can use to accomplish that anymore than she can tell me what tools I can have to work on our cars.
Thanks for making me laugh. Loved the part about your wife coming with her own gun. Priceless!

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

It is easier to beg forgiveness then ask permission. That is how I got around my wife now she is ok with it and understands.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Return to “Shooting Ranges”