Range reccomendation for Frisco/Lewisvile area?

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
rentz
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Range reccomendation for Frisco/Lewisvile area?

Post by rentz »

Ryan wrote:I also pretty much exclusively use Eagle in Lewisville. The ONLY time I had to go to another range was 2 weekends ago because the line to get into Eagle was around the corner and it hadn't even opened yet for the day. Other than that one time, Eagle is pretty solid on getting you in pretty quickly.

I know it's not in Frisco / Lewisville area, but I've also had great luck with Elm Fork Gun Range near Las Colinas. Never had to wait more than about 10 minutes to get on a lane. Elm Fork is outdoor though, if that makes a difference to you.
Good to hear this about eagle , I can handle a short wait but 1-2 hours is crazy.

I used to go only to elm fork then more indoor ranges started opening I find them more convenient personally since I can move targets back and forth without ceasefire

Have they recovered from all the flooding yet?

Ryan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ryan »

rentz wrote:
Ryan wrote:I also pretty much exclusively use Eagle in Lewisville. The ONLY time I had to go to another range was 2 weekends ago because the line to get into Eagle was around the corner and it hadn't even opened yet for the day. Other than that one time, Eagle is pretty solid on getting you in pretty quickly.

I know it's not in Frisco / Lewisville area, but I've also had great luck with Elm Fork Gun Range near Las Colinas. Never had to wait more than about 10 minutes to get on a lane. Elm Fork is outdoor though, if that makes a difference to you.
Good to hear this about eagle , I can handle a short wait but 1-2 hours is crazy.

I used to go only to elm fork then more indoor ranges started opening I find them more convenient personally since I can move targets back and forth without ceasefire

Have they recovered from all the flooding yet?
I honestly don't know. It's been a while since I've gone to Elm Fork. When I lived in Irving I'd go all the time. But since I'm on the border of Frisco / Little Elm now, I don't make it there very often. I am, however, planning a trip to Extreme Tactics and Training Solutions in Waxahachie. I need to stretch out the AR's legs a little bit. And 100 yards just doesn't cut it!!!

Ed4032
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ed4032 »

rentz wrote: I'm not regretting passing up on DPC when they opened up slots last year.
Just curious but why not DPC. I shoot there often and l think it's great. Especially in the middle of the week there is no one else there.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

PhilBob
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PhilBob »

We went to Frisco Gun Club on Tuesday the 12th at 5:30pm and the wait was about an hour. Tried again on Sunday the 17th at 5:00PM and there weren't taking any more people. We talked with one of the employees before leaving and she said they were lined up from the check-in desk out the door when they opened up at 10:00 that day! She said it has been crazy probably due to people getting weapons for Christmas, the frenzy due to Obama's new "rules" and college kids home for the Holiday break. We went back this past Wednesday (the 27th) at 5:00PM and immediately were given a lane with several still open when we left and that was with several lanes blocked off for a class.

Topic author
rentz

Post by rentz »

Ed4032 wrote:
rentz wrote: I'm not regretting passing up on DPC when they opened up slots last year.
Just curious but why not DPC. I shoot there often and l think it's great. Especially in the middle of the week there is no one else there.
Already had a membership at fgc paid in full for the year when they called me with an open slot, and at the time I had just made a signifigant expenditure and couldn't afford the startup cost when I had a membership elsewhere ....also the wife said no :banghead:

Topic author
rentz

Post by rentz »

PhilBob wrote:We went to Frisco Gun Club on Tuesday the 12th at 5:30pm and the wait was about an hour. Tried again on Sunday the 17th at 5:00PM and there weren't taking any more people. We talked with one of the employees before leaving and she said they were lined up from the check-in desk out the door when they opened up at 10:00 that day! She said it has been crazy probably due to people getting weapons for Christmas, the frenzy due to Obama's new "rules" and college kids home for the Holiday break. We went back this past Wednesday (the 27th) at 5:00PM and immediately were given a lane with several still open when we left and that was with several lanes blocked off for a class.
It was that bad on a Tuesday ? My goodness
I am sure some of it is more people buying around Christmas as there is always bigger crowds in January but I have a gut feeling they are simply overselling memberships and posting deals on groupon and they can't handle the volume

As a member you can reserve a lane in advance but it requires calling and knowing a specific time, if they had a system online like shoot smart I'd be much happier

Return to “Shooting Ranges”