The Range at Austin

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
remanifest
Posts in topic: 1

The Range at Austin

Post by remanifest »

This looks like a really nice indoor range that's opening up in South Austin. I saw a big billboard for it when driving home from Thanksgiving dinner last night: https://therangeaustin.com

I think I'll still join the Austin Rifle Club instead, but their curriculum looks very nice. A bit pricey for me, though.
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The Range at Austin

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

The pricing seems very good compared to my range (Boyert). Like any range membership, it really comes down to how often you plan to shoot and/or use other benefits.

Here is my personal analysis for my membership at Boyert, which I have had since April 1 of this year. I am 2/3 of the way through my one year membership).

Total membership fees = $1,060
Free FFL transfers used = 16
Free firearm rentals = 1
Discounted (50%) guest fees = 8
Range visits = 80

I value the FFL transfers at $25 each, so that is $400 of value.
Firearm rental I value at $20
Discounted range fees, I'll value at $7.50 each, so $60 there
That's $480 in discounts / other benefits, for a net fee paid of $580, or $7.25 per range visit. This is a good deal for me.

Of course, one location is 4 minutes from my office and the other location is 15 minutes from my house (and on my way home). If they were not so convenient, I would probably be better off just paying as I went.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”