Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
gabeZherrera
Posts in topic: 2

Gun ranges in austin or near

Post by gabeZherrera »

Hey everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has any gun range recommendations? I have been going to best of the west up in liberty hill. But just wondering if anyone knows any other ranges that have tac bays? Or gun clubs where I can practice dynamic shooting and such. Anywhere near the austin, leander, georgetown area would be great. Thanks.

uthornsfan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gun ranges in austin or near

Post by uthornsfan »

Without a doubt Best of the West, is the best.

Stay away from eagle peak IMO.

Topic author
gabeZherrera
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gabeZherrera »

LDP wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:15 pm Of course Eagle Peak by Jonestown. Public range. Tread carefully.

There's a hidden gem of a range north of Georgetown, in one of the quarries. Off Hwy 190, IIRC.
I do not frequent it personally (only been there for training) but can get you the contact information if you'd like.
Hmm, I just looked at Google maps and it labels it as "Williamson County 4H Shooting Range". No link or contact information, though.
Again, I could try to see if I get you some information upon request.

I myself am a member of a private club with our own range, I prefer not to be standing next to clueless untrained humans who are holding a deadly weapon, possibly taking selfies for their FB "friends". Too many close calls in the past.
If you could get me contact information that would be amazing. I am looking to further my handgun skills, along with AR skills. I’m new to the AR platform in terms of shooting, but primarily looking to expand and train more from dynamic shooting and drawing from concealment. Best of the west is great but I prefer something just more secluded and not many people. I definitely understand the not standing clueless to untrained humans. 100% understandable. I appreciate your comment!

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flechero »

gabeZherrera wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:24 pm Hey everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has any gun range recommendations? I have been going to best of the west up in liberty hill. But just wondering if anyone knows any other ranges that have tac bays? Or gun clubs where I can practice dynamic shooting and such. Anywhere near the austin, leander, georgetown area would be great. Thanks.
You could kill 2 birds with one stone, so to speak... go to KR training for a defensive pistol class and then a long gun class. You'll get training and practice at a very reasonable price. Then you can take your new found techniques to a suitable range and know you are practicing properly. KR is extremely affordable and the quality of instruction is great.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”