NRA Life Memberships for $300

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

smilner01
Posts in topic: 8

Re: NRA Life Memberships for $300

Post by smilner01 »

they are offering $300 memberships again with a current life sponsor. Anyone in the sponsoring spirit?
NRA Life Member
GSSF Life Member
CHL Holder-34 days class-to-card

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Purplehood »

smilner01 wrote:they are offering $300 memberships again with a current life sponsor. Anyone in the sponsoring spirit?
Sure. Give me a PM.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jumping Frog »

smilner01 wrote:they are offering $300 memberships again with a current life sponsor. Anyone in the sponsoring spirit?
Link? Info?
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Mike1951 »

This has been offered periodically. If it is in effect again, I'll provide my info for anyone wanting to join.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

smilner01
Posts in topic: 8

Post by smilner01 »

The website is www.NRA-2012.org. You have to have a current life member "sponsor" you, with their nra#, and zip code if completing online. There is also a you tube video that shows the steps.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps, I am so grateful to the member that sponsored me. And to all the life members, the website said there was no limit on sponsoring people, I think they must be on a huge membership drive, so if you feel inclined I know your help is appreciated!!!
NRA Life Member
GSSF Life Member
CHL Holder-34 days class-to-card

jekoenig
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jekoenig »

mike1951 - I pm'd you regarding the $300 NRA Life Membership. I'm a 5 year annual member and would love to upgrade to Life for $300. If there's another Lifer on here that is willing to sponsor me and pm their info, I'd greatly appreciate it.

purplehood - if you see this and are still willing to sponsor a new lifer, please pm me with your NRA # and zip (or I can pm you). Thanks.

I may be a new member to the forum, but I fully believe this is a critical year for CCL holders and gun owners, and the more Life members the NRA has the better they can represent our interests, not only this year, but in the years to come.

James

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Skiprr »

jekoenig, you have a PM.

Others: this is a monumental opportunity to grow Texas NRA membership.

To be able to sponsor new Life Members for only $300...well, I would be humbled to help.

PM me your real name and your real email address.

It would be a privilege to sponsor you as a new NRA Life Member.

Let's get this Lifer party started!

—NRA Endowment Life Member
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Purplehood »

Skiprr wrote:jekoenig, you have a PM.

Others: this is a monumental opportunity to grow Texas NRA membership.

To be able to sponsor new Life Members for only $300...well, I would be humbled to help.

PM me your real name and your real email address.

It would be a privilege to sponsor you as a new NRA Life Member.

Let's get this Lifer party started!

—NRA Endowment Life Member
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Same here...anyone needs a sponsor PM me.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Well, folks, it's now lookin' to me like the $300 life membership is available, but only if purchased by the current life member as a gift . There's no sponsorship involved.

Lemme call NRA HQ in the morning and find out the skinny on this. I'll post tomorrow after talking with membership support.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

Skiprr wrote:Well, folks, it's now lookin' to me like the $300 life membership is available, but only if purchased by the current life member as a gift . There's no sponsorship involved.

Lemme call NRA HQ in the morning and find out the skinny on this. I'll post tomorrow after talking with membership support.
Previously, when this was offered, the official deal I received in the mail was for me to sign up family with the $300 gift membership. So it appears there was a very liberal interpretation of that offer.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Mike1911 is correct: we jumped the gun in interpreting this one.

While a life member isn't restricted to family members for a gift--friends do qualify--it is still a gift, not a sponsorship. HQ confirmed I could buy a gift life membership for any NRA non-member or annual member, but there is no provision for anyone to buy a reduced-price life membership on their own under my "sponsorship."

When you go to https://www.nra-2012.org/ and enter your personal membership data, you are presented with your relevant information. HQ says that the options available will differ by member; that I personally have the option to upgrade to patron member (which I'm thinking very strongly about doing), and/or I can buy a discounted life membership for someone else using my credit card. But there is no "sponsorship" as there was in an offer that ran several years ago.

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

Actually, what I was saying that in previous years when they did accept sponsorships, the official offer was the same as now; that the Life member must pay.

In the past, they bent their offer to gain new Life members.

Oddly enough, of the two forum members that I had provided my info to this year, one was denied and one was apparently accepted.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sugar land dave »

Mike1951 wrote:Oddly enough, of the two forum members that I had provided my info to this year, one was denied and one was apparently accepted.
Well now you know which of your friends carries a rabbit's foot. ;-)
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

Even though my PM with the info was sent exactly five minutes after his post, he received multiple offers and I was not his sponsor.

But i sent PMs to both asking about the outcome and this one was apparently successful.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

waycostation
Posts in topic: 4

-

Post by waycostation »

Last edited by waycostation on Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “National Rifle Association”