One Year Free from Taurus?

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

One Year Free from Taurus?

Postby dthlss1 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:17 pm

I was on the Academy Sporting Goods website and saw that I can get one year free when I buy a gun from them. Does anyone know anything about that? Do you know if it's from Taurus or Academy? How does it work? Is there paperwork you have to send in or is it like receiving a gift membership? Thanks for your help! :mrgreen:
05/03/10 - Mailed Packet to DPS. Certified Mail.
05/06/10 - Packet delivered by USPS to DPS
05/21/10 - Status available on CHL website
05/30/10 - Fingerprints Accepted
06/05/10 - Background Check: Completed
06/11/10 - Mailed
06/17/10 - Plastic!
User avatar
dthlss1
Member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:06 pm
Location: Goodfellow AFB

Re: One Year Free from Taurus?

Postby JJVP » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:24 pm

dthlss1 wrote:I was on the Academy Sporting Goods website and saw that I can get one year free when I buy a gun from them. Does anyone know anything about that? Do you know if it's from Taurus or Academy? How does it work? Is there paperwork you have to send in or is it like receiving a gift membership? Thanks for your help! :mrgreen:


A year free of WHAT????? Link please. :confused5
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.
User avatar
JJVP
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2093
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: League City, TX

Re: One Year Free from Taurus?

Postby dthlss1 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:30 pm

Oops, I forgot to specify. Free one-year membership to the NRA from Taurus (now that I look at the website a little more closely.)
http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/outdoors/hunting/firearms/pistols_centerfire&start=10&selectedSKU=0357-03513-0473

I was just wondering if anyone knew how that worked.
05/03/10 - Mailed Packet to DPS. Certified Mail.
05/06/10 - Packet delivered by USPS to DPS
05/21/10 - Status available on CHL website
05/30/10 - Fingerprints Accepted
06/05/10 - Background Check: Completed
06/11/10 - Mailed
06/17/10 - Plastic!
User avatar
dthlss1
Member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:06 pm
Location: Goodfellow AFB

Re: One Year Free from Taurus?

Postby cowboymd » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:56 pm

dthlss1 wrote:Oops, I forgot to specify. Free one-year membership to the NRA from Taurus (now that I look at the website a little more closely.)
http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/outdoors/hunting/firearms/pistols_centerfire&start=10&selectedSKU=0357-03513-0473

I was just wondering if anyone knew how that worked.


I sent one in to add an additional year to my wife's NRA membership. It did not get added. I pointed it out to the NRA when her renewel came in, and it still never happened. :waiting: Maybe better luck if it is a new membership? :headscratch
TSRA Member
NRA Life Member
User avatar
cowboymd
Senior Member
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:25 am
Location: Grayson County

Re: One Year Free from Taurus?

Postby surprise_i'm_armed » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:23 am

dthlss1:

IIRC, Taurus will give you one year of free NRA membership
when you purchase one of their firearms. Academy may sell
the gun, but Academy doesn't provide the free year.

The paperwork should be in the new gun's box.

Taurus and the NRA work together in the Miami, FL area
together since that's Taurus' USA HQ.

A Taurus rep mentioned that not as many people
take advantage of this freebie as they should.

Unfortunately I had signed up with the NRA directly and paid
for my membership before buying my Taurus, which would
have saved me the fee.

SIA
Bachelors know more about women than married men.
If they didn't they'd be married too.

H.L. Mencken, 1880-1956
surprise_i'm_armed
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:16 am
Location: Lewisville, Texas. (Metro Dallas/Denton County), Home of the Fighting Farmers.

Re: One Year Free from Taurus?

Postby Mastodon » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:50 am

cowboymd wrote:
dthlss1 wrote:Oops, I forgot to specify. Free one-year membership to the NRA from Taurus (now that I look at the website a little more closely.)
http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/outdoors/hunting/firearms/pistols_centerfire&start=10&selectedSKU=0357-03513-0473

I was just wondering if anyone knew how that worked.


I sent one in to add an additional year to my wife's NRA membership. It did not get added. I pointed it out to the NRA when her renewel came in, and it still never happened. :waiting: Maybe better luck if it is a new membership? :headscratch


I was wondering if they added a year to an existing membership.

I guess you answered that for me. :???:
Chartered By The Republic of Texas in 1845

Image

NRA
TSRA

Μολών Λαβέ
User avatar
Mastodon
Senior Member
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:56 pm
Location: far-West Texas

Re: One Year Free from Taurus?

Postby JJVP » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:57 pm

dthlss1 wrote:Oops, I forgot to specify. Free one-year membership to the NRA from Taurus (now that I look at the website a little more closely.)
http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/outdoors/hunting/firearms/pistols_centerfire&start=10&selectedSKU=0357-03513-0473

I was just wondering if anyone knew how that worked.


You don't need to buy a Taurus or from Academy. You can get the same offer from the NRA.

www.nrahq.org/FreedomAssoc/default.asp
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.
User avatar
JJVP
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2093
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: League City, TX

Re: One Year Free from Taurus?

Postby dthlss1 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:23 pm

JJVP wrote:You don't need to buy a Taurus or from Academy. You can get the same offer from the NRA.

http://www.nrahq.org/FreedomAssoc/default.asp


:shock: WOW!! That's a REALLY good deal! I just signed up for the 2-year membership for $25. Thanks for sharing this! :tiphat:
05/03/10 - Mailed Packet to DPS. Certified Mail.
05/06/10 - Packet delivered by USPS to DPS
05/21/10 - Status available on CHL website
05/30/10 - Fingerprints Accepted
06/05/10 - Background Check: Completed
06/11/10 - Mailed
06/17/10 - Plastic!
User avatar
dthlss1
Member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:06 pm
Location: Goodfellow AFB

Re: One Year Free from Taurus?

Postby SQLGeek » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:55 pm

Thanks for that link. I'm due for renewal.
Psalm 91:2
User avatar
SQLGeek
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2262
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:48 am
Location: Richmond, TX


Return to National Rifle Association

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest