The NRA that I am a member of

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

The NRA that I am a member of

Post by longtooth »

I have been reading w/ amazement some of the posts about the NRA. Those posts do not even remotely resemble the NRA that I am a member of.
Yall need to join my NRA.
Let me introduce you to the NRA that I am a Life Member of.

My NRA does not send me any junk mail. On a regular basis they send me info on the political battles that are going on in Washington. They document the votes of all the legislators so that I know who my friends are & who the BGs are. I need to know these things so I can intelligently talk to people about the 2nd ammeddment & those that are trying to destroy it. Everything is always documented.

In every one of those informative letters there is an opportunity to support them financially. Some support the very issue the mailed report is about. Others support the NRA that I am a member of in a general way.
Every piece of mail I have ever received from them contained info that I really needed to know & that no other organization that I know of would tell me about.

I have never received any mail from them that asked for $$$$s w/o telling me what it would be used for. Therefore a couple of hundred page detailed financial report of their huge $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ budget is not necessary.
I have wondered many times about those who complain. I think they really know they ought to be involved financially. They should give up a soda a day for a month or eat at Subway instead of Ralf & Kacoos. The signers of the Declaration of Independance Pledged their lives, their fortunes, & their sacred honor. They knew full well that until their fortunes were pledged, their life & honor would never be. It is the same w/ men today.

My NRA is the most effective representative I have in Washington. They truely represent me while the politicians there try to convince me they are leading me where I really need to go.

I dont understand politics very good but I sure do understand what my NRA is doing for me personally. Let me show you what MY NRA does. Hope you decide to join up.

I am a member of Angelina Rifle & Pistol club. Range Safety Officer there.

My NRA loaned my shooting forefathers the $$$$s to buy the 60 + acres know as Angelina rifle & Pistol Club. If it had not been for the NRA there would not be an ARPC as we know it today. It would be 60+ acres that some developer bought & built houses on the place where folks used to shoot at a target in front of a dirt pile.

We have been responsible shooters & thankful supporters of our NRA & have worked hard to keep up & improve the range. Every year My NRA helps us w/ another improvement. These are the ones I know most about because I was hands on involved w/ them as Safety Officer.
$5,000.00 Grant from my NRA to build a 50 yrd 22 rimfire practice & match range.
15 concrete benches for right or left hand shooters, on a slab & covered. I bet my NRA has helped a lot of the ranges that the complainers shoot at too.
Here is what my NRA does. This was the first project my NRA made possible after I was elected Safety Officer.

Well, my NRA really is interested in kids learning to shoot safely. They dont just talk about it & run ads about it. They do something about it. About 3 yrs ago my NRA gave us another grant to build a 25yd 22 rimfire youth rifle range. I think that one was $3,000.00. My NRA made it possibe when we could not have done it on our own. Our dues are $85.00 a yr so folks that live in the Piny Woods & dont make big city wages can still afford to shoot, teach their kids & grandkids to safely shoot.Image

Without my NRA we could not do near the work w/ kids that we do now.Image

Our restrooms had just flat wore out. They were old & we needed new ones. Ladies need good restrooms even worse than men. My NRA is really interested in helping ladies learn to shoot & to enjoy the sport. They are very interested in helping them learn defensive shooting. My NRA helps the handicapped too. With the $$$$s they gave us we were able to make the restrooms wheel chair accessable.
My NRA gave us another $5,000.00 grant about 18 months ago to build these new restrooms. For that huge help we put some thank you signs up. Whether you realize it or not I bet my NRA has helped a bunch of the ranges that many of the complainers shoot at.

I dont know what the next BIG project our Board of Directors has in mind but I dont have any doubt that we can count on my NRA to help us w/ it.
My NRA helps other ranges just like ours. There is no doubt in my mind that my NRA represents me in Washington & helps me just a few miles from my house.

Matter of fact I will bet my Red White & Blue suspenders that my NRA represents you in Washington & helps a range near you too. Come on. How bout gettin on the support wagon w/ me.
LT

Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

karl

Re: The NRA that I am a member of

Post by karl »

I like your NRA, sounds a lot like mine. :patriot:
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

mikeintexas

Post by mikeintexas »

Yep, mine too. Thanks LT.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Amen! :patriot: :txflag:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

TLE2

Post by TLE2 »

Except for the continuous offers for life insurance, etc..... that's my NRA. I would never refer to a 'call to arms' or donation request, junk.

I do object to the "offers" I get, especially the e-mails telling me I haven't signed up for this or that benefit.

I support the NRA and its political goals. I'll continue as a member for as long as life allows.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Woww! I am dutifully impressed! Thank you LT for sharing! :clapping: :clapping: :tiphat: :tiphat:

That post should be submitted to NRA for publication in the American Rifleman....quick!

That's the NRA I once knew many years ago. Thank you once again! :txflag:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

USA1

Post by USA1 »

LT, that was a wonderful post.

I'm a proud member.

I don't think some people realize just how much the NRA does to protect our rights and where we'd be without them.
The NRA meticulously goes over all proposed legislation on our behalf to make sure that your rights and my rights are preserved.

I will continue to support the NRA to the best of my ability.
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Wonderful post LT. Thank you for sharing... :cheers2:

I do have to ask though...since when does questioning become complaining?
I'd agree with TLE2 that the mailings that explain what they are fighting for are not junk. The life insurance, credit card, and contests are. I thoroughly enjoy the two monthly NRA publications I receive.
I have wondered many times about those who complain. I think they really know they ought to be involved financially
How do you know if they are or aren't? :headscratch

Speaking for myself, I have donated to the NRA as I am able...family and daily living come first though. :thumbs2:

I support what the NRA does from a political and shooting sport standpoint, and that can never be questioned. When I question what the NRA does or how it spends those funds, it is a mistake to construe that as complaining. Remember, knowledge is power...as KC5AV's post about manipulation stated:
The easiest people to manipulate are those that don't demand a lot of information
I guess I just happen to be quite demanding in the information department... :rolll

But again, thank you for that post! I agree with joe817...that need to be published!
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

That's the same NRA I am a life member of!!!! :thumbs2:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

That's the same one I am an Endowment Member of.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

That is the NRA that I, my wife, and my son are life members of.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

:tiphat: Well spoken, Jerry. :patriot:

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Thank you VERY much for this post LT. :tiphat:

And, that is a great photo of you and El Gato!! :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

TLE2 wrote:Except for the continuous offers for life insurance, etc..... that's my NRA. I would never refer to a 'call to arms' or donation request, junk.

I do object to the "offers" I get, especially the e-mails telling me I haven't signed up for this or that benefit.

I support the NRA and its political goals. I'll continue as a member for as long as life allows.
You can either call or go online and opt out of mailings and other solicitations
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

longtooth wrote:Image
That right there is a picture of a couple of "good ol' boys." :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “National Rifle Association”