NRA Annual Meeting

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
rickbowers
Posts in topic: 2

NRA Annual Meeting

Post by rickbowers »

Foundation Banquet May 2, 2013
held at the Hilton Americas Which posts the 30.06 sign.
Does anybody else see this as support for the anti-gun crowd?

I think the NRA should pressure Hilton to change their policy, or the NRA should change its venue, Or I should change my NRA support status.

RoyGBiv

Re: NRA Annual Meeting

Post by RoyGBiv »

rickbowers wrote:Foundation Banquet May 2, 2013
held at the Hilton Americas Which posts the 30.06 sign.
Oopsie :roll:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

OldGrumpy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OldGrumpy »

While desirable to not have 30.06 to deal with it is probably an impossiblity when dealing with events this large. There are so many considerations to scheduling an event as large as the NRA Convention that is hard for most people to comprehend the difficulty. I would be interested to know if NRA even inquires about 30.06.
Love God, Family, USA, and Texas
Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly with God - Micah 6:8

Topic author
rickbowers

Post by rickbowers »

OldGrumpy wrote:While desirable to not have 30.06 to deal with it is probably an impossiblity when dealing with events this large. There are so many considerations to scheduling an event as large as the NRA Convention that is hard for most people to comprehend the difficulty. I would be interested to know if NRA even inquires about 30.06.
Houston is a big city with lots of Hotel space. This looks like a compromise with the ouly hotel chain that I'm aware of that does not allow folks who stay with them to protect themselves. Yes, the NRA is aware. I called them, and You should too.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I've been to many events at that hotel and never saw a 30.06 sign. When did you see one?

Chas.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I've been to many events at that hotel and never saw a 30.06 sign. When did you see one?

Chas.
According to http://texas3006.com/view.php?postedsea ... tion_type=+" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There's a valid sign on the front door.
User name rickbowers, Jan-2009

Other commenters confirm more recently: http://texas3006.com/additionalcomments.php?entryid=304" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Saintango
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Saintango »

Pre-Register is up and running

http://www.nraam.org/attendee-info/pre-register.aspx

Also you can look at the special events they are having as well.

https://tix.extremetix.com/Online/?site ... 9d6a5d149b

I live just south of Houston so I am really looking forward to this. This will be my first one to attend. :txflag:
He will never give you more that what you can handle.
NRA - Life Member
TSRA - Future Life Member
NAGR - Future Life Member

FishInTx

Post by FishInTx »

FAMILY AND I ARE GOING!! :thumbs2: Will worry about the 30.06 later. Do hope it changes before May though.

Edited to add: I don't see it as support for the anti crowd. Hosting the event is a good sign but I will notify the NRA about it and hope it changes.

Gordie Howe

Post by Gordie Howe »

A social recluse; I may be there !

RJGold

Post by RJGold »

This seems crazy to me :headscratch

I am cranky about an event for an organization that fights for our Second Amendment Rights being held at a Hotel that doesn't believe they are important. I stay in a lot of hotels and when not traveling internationally or for business, I carry a pistol with me.

I plan to contact the NRA and voice my opinion. An organization like the NRA should not be dealing with a chain that doesn't support 2A rights.

If the antis find out about this, they will surely use it as publicity against us.

My two cents...
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

Saintango

Post by Saintango »

RJGold wrote:This seems crazy to me :headscratch

I am cranky about an event for an organization that fights for our Second Amendment Rights being held at a Hotel that doesn't believe they are important. I stay in a lot of hotels and when not traveling internationally or for business, I carry a pistol with me.

I plan to contact the NRA and voice my opinion. An organization like the NRA should not be dealing with a chain that doesn't support 2A rights.

If the antis find out about this, they will surely use it as publicity against us.

My two cents...
:iagree:
Agreed, some people are so dependent on the media that they no longer think for themselves. I guess it's the whole "want to fit in" they have. I am young man and once MTV stopped playing music videos... i knew this world was heading in the wrong direction. Well, I know what i will be having in my person and I am pretty confident I won't be the only one who will do the same!

'Merica :patriot:
NRA - Life Member

FishInTx

Post by FishInTx »

My two cents...
The hotel chain might support second amendment rights and the NRA but not CHL. I have no idea!!! Just tossing my thoughts about.

Thanks for the links Saintango.

Saintango

Post by Saintango »

FishInTx wrote:

My two cents...
The hotel chain might support second amendment rights and the NRA but not CHL. I have no idea!!! Just tossing my thoughts about.

Thanks for the links Saintango.
:thumbs2: No Problem! Anything I can do to help someone else :tiphat:
NRA - Life Member

benenglishtx

Post by benenglishtx »

The event is officially being held at the George R. Brown Convention Center. The Hilton just happens to be the attached hotel so, by default, it gets swept up in the Meeting venues simply because it's located where it is. The Convention Center isn't posted, afaik.

It's not much of a problem at this point. The Hilton has been booked solid for a long time. Most local Meeting attendees won't have any pressing need to enter the Hilton. They'll treat it like a big gun show, walk the main floor of the Convention Center and call it a day.

However, if you plan on really diving into the Meeting, there's a bunch of content that actually takes place inside the Hilton. This includes the Foundation Banquet; the Prayer Breakfast; the Clubs & Associations Workshop; all the seminars, workshops and special presentations (I count 38 of 'em); and the National Firearms Law Seminar.

All that prompts me to speculate (speculation only, just a wild guess backed by nothing but my sense of and familiarity with the way that hotel works and is laid out) that the Hilton is going to be in a "don't ask, don't tell" stance for the duration. How else could they square posting a 30.06 while simultaneously hosting the "Methods of Concealed Carry" seminar?

That said, no one should take my speculation as a guide. Make your own decision.
NRA - Golden Eagle; Certified Pistol Instructor and Range Safety Officer
Life Member - TSRA, GSSF, IHMSA, NRA Whittington Center

Return to “National Rifle Association”