Forum Member ID at the 2013 NRA Meeting

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Saintango
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Forum Member ID at the 2013 NRA Meeting

Post by Saintango »

The wife and I will be there Saturday! :clapping:
He will never give you more that what you can handle.
NRA - Life Member
TSRA - Future Life Member
NAGR - Future Life Member

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Excaliber »

I'll be there Saturday as well real early in the morning.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Well, I was in the exhibit hall from 8:45 AM until 2:00 PM.

The show was extremely crowded - shuffling room only up and down the aisles.

Didn't see any Forum ID's anywhere but I could easily have missed some while I was looking at the goodies in the booths..
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Crossfire »

It would have been nearly impossible to find anyone there. Shoulder to shoulder people everywhere.

Somehow, though, we did manage to spend money. Lots of money.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Whole day wandering around and didn't see one other secret decoder badge.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

jayinsat
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jayinsat »

jmorris wrote:Whole day wandering around and didn't see one other secret decoder badge.
I think we were needles in a haystack.
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

MamaK

Post by MamaK »

jayinsat wrote:
jmorris wrote:Whole day wandering around and didn't see one other secret decoder badge.
I think we were needles in a haystack.
MY better half will be there tomorrow but he's in the Refuse to be a Victim Counselor class. One of my bosses will be there, so if you get hurt - there will be a P.A. in the building around 9am :mrgreen:

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

Just got home, what a great day. While I didn't spot any board members, I did get to meet and speak with a wide variety of good folks.

Lew Danielson and I spent some time talking about starting our businesses, life, my grandkids, the great products his company produces, retirement, the impact of excellent customer service on how a company builds a reputation for quality, getting the architect to design the house we want(basement level shop with walk/drive out), the move to emeritus status in operations, etc. A genuinely nice guy.

Ronnie Barrett, even as harried as he was in the Autograph and Picture line took some time to chat, showed me how he recommends slapping the magazine home on M82A1 that was on display (my DIL had inadvertently dropped the mag while hefting it) chatted a bit about TN and signed my magazine, not gonna load that one anymore!

Talked with Jason Hager from Samson International about the return of IMI to the U.S. market with Samson branded (blue box) ammo in the very near future, how his team has spent over 2 years in bringing their plans to fruition, and quality of product they'll be selling in all the popular military calibers. They're expecting the first 2 containers soon (each container 1.384 million rounds) of 9mm, .45, 5.56, 7.62 . Opa!

Sergeant Bill, 1st Cav. vet, tickled my grandson and made him smile and laugh, while my Daughter was tending to his sister. A warm and funny guy who took time to help a young mother in distress.

Dillon needs a bigger space next time, lol. Folks were 6 deep around their presses! Got some great advice on being more efficient in my loading process (I am seriously overly nitpicky) I going to try weighing every 5th powdered case.

The highlight for me though has to be my son finally getting to meet R. Lee Ermey. He has been mimicking the "Hartman Soliloquy" since he was 17, much to my wife's chagrin, so this was a big deal for him! The "Gunny" did him right! Pictures with he and his wife and a nice chat!
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Return to “National Rifle Association”