Houston Friends of NRA: Open mouth, insert foot

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 2

Houston Friends of NRA: Open mouth, insert foot

Post by Jumping Frog »

Well, opened my email and saw this subject line: Northwest Houston Friends of NRA Supports Our Shooting Traditions!
Northwest Houston
Banquet & Auction
06/27/2013
Cypress Saloon
12710 Telge Road
Cypress, TX 77429

LEGACY, HERITAGE, TRADITION, COMMUNITY
FRIENDS OF NRA
Now, I was thinking it would be nice to go. I went to the Thursday night Friends of NRA banquet at the NRA Annual Meeting and had a great time. Like to do that again.

But I see an establishment named "Cypress Saloon" and start to think, "uh, oh, surely they wouldn't be so careless".

So, a quick trip over to the TABC website reveals:
License #: MB732056
Trade Name: CYPRESS SALOON
Owner: CYPRESS SALOON INC.
Location Address:
12710 TELGE ROAD
CYPRESS , TX 77429
County: Harris
Location Phone No.: 281 373-1590
Subordinates: LB,PE
Related To:

Mailing Address:
12730 TELGE RD
CYPRESS , TX 77429

Orig. Issue Date: 9/21/2009
Wine Percent:
Exp. Date: 9/20/2013
Gun Sign: RED
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

A thoughtless error. I'll bet I am not the only person who will choose to skip the banquet instead of being disarmed.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

kde71450
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Houston Friends of NRA: Open mouth, insert foot

Post by kde71450 »

There's no "LIKE" button on this forum :)

ComeAndTakeIt

Post by ComeAndTakeIt »

Good eye thanks for pointing this out. I didn't know you could look up places on the TABC site and see what kind of sign they had.

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

ComeAndTakeIt wrote:Good eye thanks for pointing this out. I didn't know you could look up places on the TABC site and see what kind of sign they are supposed to have.
Fixed it for you. :tiphat:
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

ComeAndTakeIt

Post by ComeAndTakeIt »

TexasCajun wrote:
ComeAndTakeIt wrote:Good eye thanks for pointing this out. I didn't know you could look up places on the TABC site and see what kind of sign they are supposed to have.
Fixed it for you. :tiphat:
Ha, thanks for the "correction".

howdy

Post by howdy »

ComeAndTakeIt wrote:Good eye thanks for pointing this out. I didn't know you could look up places on the TABC site and see what kind of sign they had.

Yea, here's the website to check on business status: http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/PublicInquiry/Status.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I sent an return email back to the sending party as soon as I saw where it was being held. I doubt they got the email or didn't look at it. I know they had the Sunday morning breakfast at the Hilton during the NRA convention in Houston, and that Hotel is listed in Texas 3006.com as being posted 30.06. The convention information booklet said Concealed carry was legal there. Did anyone go and was it not posted? They might have removed the signs just to get the business.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Topic author
Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

howdy wrote:I know they had the Sunday morning breakfast at the Hilton during the NRA convention in Houston, and that Hotel is listed in Texas 3006.com as being posted 30.06. The convention information booklet said Concealed carry was legal there. Did anyone go and was it not posted? They might have removed the signs just to get the business.
Both the Thursday night "Friends if the NRA" banquet and the Sunday morning prayer breakfast where in the Hilton. I went to both of them. The Hilton had no 30.06 signs anywhere.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Jumping Frog wrote:Both the Thursday night "Friends if the NRA" banquet and the Sunday morning prayer breakfast where in the Hilton. I went to both of them. The Hilton had no 30.06 signs anywhere.
Yep. I looked hard at the ground level entrances as well as the skywalk entrance from the convention center. No signs. I haven't been back since, so don't know if 30.06 signage went up after the National Meeting was over.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

kf5nd

Post by kf5nd »

Hilton Hotel at 2001 Post Oak Blvd. is still a problem, verified today, 8/5/2013 by ME. If Hilton by the George R. Brown Convention Center is fixed, well that's good.
Sincerely,
Peter in Houston

Return to “National Rifle Association”