Auto Payment for NRA/ILA?

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Auto Payment for NRA/ILA?

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I may have suggested this before but thought about it again last week as I was sending another contribution to the NRA/ILA. I am thinking the NRA could save a lot of money by offering auto pay for contributions. Most folks probably know how this works. I give them authorization to charge my credit card for a specified amount each month. Once I am in the system as a monthly contributor,they could take me off the mailing list and save the cost of postage and such. I would bet dollars to donuts this option would get a lot of participation. :tiphat:

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Auto Payment for NRA/ILA?

Post by Jumping Frog »

My bank already offers free bill pay.

I have the NRA-ILA setup as a recurring monthly payment. It just "happens" now. I don't need to do anything each month.

I feel pretty strongly about avoiding having other business autodraft my account, because I do not have control over the transaction. With my recurring monthly payment, should I want to stop at any time, I simply cancel the transaction.

Now, I do have a bone to pick with the Second Amendment Foundation. They have three membership levels: $15 Annual, $150 Life (Defenders Club), and $1000 Patron (Committee of One Thousand).

I sent them two different emails asking them about monthly payments. I asked if I sent $25 per month, then once they accumulated to $150 (six months), could I be considered a life member, and then once they accumulated to $1,000 (40 months), could I be considered a Patron member.

They could never be bothered to reply to my email.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

I have auto bill pay as well. I am laughing because I use it to pay all my bills and for some reason, didn't really think about it for making a monthly contribution. :oops:

I still think it would help increase contributions to allow folks to do it through the NRA. Partly for the very reason you cited for not wanting to allow anyone to auto debit your accounts. People get accustomed to the monthly fee and all but forget about it. Especially if it is on a credit card. The secondary reason was to eliminate the constant expense of them sending me solicitations. I am probably going to set up an auto pay as you suggested but it won't do much to stop the mailings.

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jumping Frog »

03Lightningrocks wrote:... but it won't do much to stop the mailings.
If you call NRA Member Services and tell them to stop all email and regular mail, they will stop mailing you. It is very easy to "opt-out".
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

Jumping Frog wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:... but it won't do much to stop the mailings.
If you call NRA Member Services and tell them to stop all email and regular mail, they will stop mailing you. It is very easy to "opt-out".
It worked for awhile but then it fired back up. I just want the mailers about the free gun drawings. The rest they can keep. :tiphat:

The main point is that the NRA would increase donations by doing this. It is a known that the auto debit system results in significantly more revenue.

Return to “National Rifle Association”