Boondocks cartoon and the NRA

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
n5wd
Posts in topic: 1

Boondocks cartoon and the NRA

Post by n5wd »

Yesterday's (1/20/14) Boondocks cartoon, if you're familiar with it, is probably the last place you'd expect to see the NRA mentioned in a positive light, but... well... Check it out for yourself.

http://www.gocomics.com/boondocks/2014/ ... t4VcMtOKK0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Pawpaw

Re: Boondocks cartoon and the NRA

Post by Pawpaw »

:smilelol5: "rlol" :rolll
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

:smilelol5:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Followed by the usual ignorant comments.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

Don't go hand the artist a NRA card just yet. I felt this was as set up when I first read it. If you forward to today's strip, I think he definitely has a more sinister agenda. That last part really bothers me. I wonder what tomorrow brings.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Texsquatch wrote:Don't go hand the artist a NRA card just yet. I felt this was as set up when I first read it. If you forward to today's strip, I think he definitely has a more sinister agenda. That last part really bothers me. I wonder what tomorrow brings.
Yes, will be interesting to see where this goes.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

HankB

Post by HankB »

I actually watch the animated Boondocks cartoon on cable . . . I think it's sometimes hilarious, though I suspect the writer would tell me I'm laughing at the wrong time for the wrong reasons. :evil2:
Original CHL: 2000: 56 day turnaround
1st renewal, 2004: 34 days
2nd renewal, 2008: 81 days
3rd renewal, 2013: 12 days

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

jmra wrote:
Texsquatch wrote:Don't go hand the artist a NRA card just yet. I felt this was as set up when I first read it. If you forward to today's strip, I think he definitely has a more sinister agenda. That last part really bothers me. I wonder what tomorrow brings.
Yes, will be interesting to see where this goes.
You can scroll forward a couple of weeks in the cartoon, and see just how anti-NRA the author is. I wonder if he would object to blacks being stereotyped that way he does me?
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

TheCytochromeC

Post by TheCytochromeC »

There's nothing wrong with not supporting the NRA.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

TheCytochromeC wrote:There's nothing wrong with not supporting the NRA.
Even if at the root it's due to bias against gun owners?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I don't think anyone here would argue with you on that point..

The cartoon series denigrates the NRA and gun owners. It is not satirical. It is rabidly anti-gun. The author has the typical laft leaning progressive agenda.

Anygunanmywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

TheCytochromeC

Post by TheCytochromeC »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:
This argument is based on a fallacy of association. I refuse to be a member of the NRA but, I'm not bias against gun owners. In fact, I am one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_fallacy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The cartoon series denigrates the NRA and gun owners. It is not satirical. It is rabidly anti-gun. The author has the typical laft leaning progressive agenda.

Anygunanmywhere
I can see them leaning to the left, but not as far as you seem to believe. After all, its target audience, which is typically liberal, tend to be the center of the shows comedy. My impression at the end of each episode, there's typically a humorous closing statement that questions the stereotypes and sociocultural habits of said population, though it may not leave you with the impression that it's written by conservatives.This is only my opinion though.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

TheCytochromeC wrote:
Redneck_Buddha wrote:
This argument is based on a fallacy of association. I refuse to be a member of the NRA but, I'm not bias against gun owners. In fact, I am one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_fallacy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anygunanmywhere
I can see them leaning to the left, but not as far as you seem to believe. After all, its target audience, which is typically liberal, tend to be the center of the shows comedy. My impression at the end of each episode, there's typically a humorous closing statement that questions the stereotypes and sociocultural habits of said population, though it may not leave you with the impression that it's written by conservatives.This is only my opinion though.
I do not share your opinion. Call me somewhat jaded. Humorous closing statements do not hide animosity towards me and those like me who want to further recover our 2A rights. I do not need their humor to support me. I will pass.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

TheCytochromeC wrote:I refuse to be a member of the NRA but, I'm not bias[ed] against gun owners. In fact, I am one.
What's your aversion to the NRA?
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

Insults are to be overlooked as long as the insulter smiles warmly at the closing of his vituperation?

What's wrong with that picture?

(hint, it's a tactic we obtuse conservatives aren't supposed to be bright enough to intercept)

Return to “National Rifle Association”