Rob Pincus - NRA BOD Write In Candidate

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Rob Pincus - NRA BOD Write In Candidate

Post by RogueUSMC »

...I think it should be pretty clear how my ability to do most of those things can be enhanced by being a member of the NRA BoD. ...
-Rob Pincus
looks like his main motivation may be another accredidation.

I like Rob. He does alot of good work in regards to firearms education. Does that make him qualified for the board? Not in and of itself. Would I vote for him to be on the board? probably not but I wouldn't have a problem with his being on the board either. He would bring good things to the table, in my opinion, but there are others that have more to bring to the table.

In regards to his unorthodox training methods, to each his own. Just because you pay for a class, doesn't mean you adopt everything you learn in said class. Adopt what you can practically use and store the rest away. When I worked in the armory during my time in the corps, we had time on our hands and we would find things to keep us busy. One of the things I got pretty good at was disarming another person of their M9 pistol....you let me get within arms length of you and I would have the slide from your weapon in my hands. Will this ability ever be useful?...probably not...lol. Maybe if I was attacked by someone with a 92F. Alot of his unorthodox training methods are like this...practical in a specific set of circumstances. Rounded education is the key...not "why did you try that?" "I saw it in a training video I got in e-mail once" as you lay there on the pavement with bullet holes in you.

Just like any other voting process, if you make an informed decision, I can respect your vote even if it differs from mine. But to make a vote just because you think he new, cool and fresh is NOT valid reasoning for voting preference.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Jason K
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jason K »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
So we of the "old guard" should be ignored simply because we've been involved for a long time? I guess you have a point, since all we've done at the state level is pass 1) state preemption laws; 2) concealed-carry; 3) law suit preemption; 4) prohibition of firearms confiscation during emergencies; 5) "Castle Doctrine" on steroids; 6) Motorist Protection Act (unlicensed car-carry); 7) creation of TPC §30.06 making it hard to bar armed CHLs; 8) "employer parking lot" protection; 9) sport shooting range protection; as well as several CHL clean-up bills expanding firearms rights. I know we've passed numerous other bills, but due to my advanced age, I cannot recall them specifically. Oh yeah, we killed every anti-gun bill since . . . well, I can't recall the last anti-gun bill that passed. This doesn't include anything at the federal level.

Chas.
And we thank you very much for that. Good work.

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

:iagree: Thank God for the "old guard". They know a thing or two about fighting for our rights. Not maligning anyone, I have nothing against Rob Pincus. I do not know him other than attending his seminar at the Convention in Houston. Some of his ideas are different but like someone else said, training is something you add to your total knowledge not take as the only way to do something. I have no idea if he is a good candidate for the board. But his admitting his time is already stretched very thin does not sound like a guy with time to put the NRA and our gun rights on the front burner. I'd rather hear he is ready and able to devote a lot of his time to it and make it his main focus.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

G0C

Post by G0C »

Do you guys support Joe Straus for speaker again based on that record?

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RogueUSMC wrote:But to make a vote just because you think he new, cool and fresh is NOT valid reasoning for voting preference.
We elected the wrong guy as POTUS........TWICE........based on exactly that kind of voting. "New, cool, and fresh" is not a policy position.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

G0C wrote:Do you guys support Joe Straus for speaker again based on that record?
???????????? :headscratch

Jason K
Banned

Post by Jason K »

G0C wrote:Do you guys support Joe Straus for speaker again based on that record?
On Strauss' record as a well-known combat handgun instructor and major contributor to two pro-2A television shows?.....

Return to “National Rifle Association”