Question for Charles

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Question for Charles

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Hi Charles,

I was attempting to compose a reply to a post on Quora.com, and I wanted to find a list of NRA membership numbers by state. Usually, my Google-Fu is pretty strong, but the results of my efforts were remarkable for being notably absent. Either Google is burying the search results, or the NRA is burying the stats. All such efforts return a mixture of links to "join the NRA" pages, and libtard editorials speculating that the NRA's membership numbers are faked. But there isn't a single thing that shows any actual numbers by state.

Are you aware of a link somewhere that gives a reliable count of the number of NRA members by state, and if so, is it available to me? I don't want to post the link (unless that would be OK), but I would like to draw from the stats on the link.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Question for Charles

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Sorry, I don't know of any links and I don't know the numbers. We don't publish them for various reasons, including denying demographic information to wealthy anti-gun, anti-NRA people.

Texas ranks very high as do PA and, surprisingly, CA.

Chas.

gljjt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gljjt »

If it is not found via Google, that means the NRA and the NSA are probably the only ones that know.

I encourage all to join. Regardless of some of the real or perceived shortcomings of the NRA by some, the NRA is our most important defense against governmental interference against our RKBA (2nd to our vote). Our vote and the NRA are our best defense on a national level. Our vote and the TSRA are our best defense at the state level. Vote and join both.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

gljjt wrote:If it is not found via Google, that means the NRA and the NSA are probably the only ones that know.
"rlol" :smilelol5: :rolll

Chas.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Sorry, I don't know of any links and I don't know the numbers. We don't publish them for various reasons, including denying demographic information to wealthy anti-gun, anti-NRA people.
Thanks Charles. That's kind of what I figured. I did find an article that said that in the wake of NY's SAFE Act, the NY state affiliate's membership nearly doubled, and now surpasses both Texas and California's.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

The number is over six million strong. Take that anti's!!!!!
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:Sorry, I don't know of any links and I don't know the numbers. We don't publish them for various reasons, including denying demographic information to wealthy anti-gun, anti-NRA people.
Thanks Charles. That's kind of what I figured. I did find an article that said that in the wake of NY's SAFE Act, the NY state affiliate's membership nearly doubled, and now surpasses both Texas and California's.
That would be impressive, if the numbers are correct. Shame it took such a drastic overreach by the NY state government to get people to get on board.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

There is little doubt that google buries info pertinent to conservatives. Not only is it hard to find data on gun rights, but also pro Tea Party info.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

mgood

Post by mgood »

Jim Beaux wrote:There is little doubt that google buries info pertinent to conservatives. Not only is it hard to find data on gun rights, but also pro Tea Party info.
But when I Google "Federal," the ammo company is the first thing that comes up. :cool:
(Is that because it knows my searching preferences or is it that way for everyone?)

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

mgood wrote:
Jim Beaux wrote:There is little doubt that google buries info pertinent to conservatives. Not only is it hard to find data on gun rights, but also pro Tea Party info.
But when I Google "Federal," the ammo company is the first thing that comes up. :cool:
(Is that because it knows my searching preferences or is it that way for everyone?)
That's what I get.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Here's the first 9 listings in the organic returns for me.......and I look at a LOT of gun stuff, of which Google is probably aware:
Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 2.59.02 PM.png
But the truth is also that I look at a LOT of government stuff too.

#TINVOWOOT

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

I also got federal ammo.....

Sometime back, I searched for Texas Tea Party and Tea Party (candidate info) I had to really work at finding the info. I then googled demo candidates and found a smorgasbord.

I do have some google-fu :mrgreen:
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Return to “National Rifle Association”