Reid May Call for Vote on Gun Control!

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Reid May Call for Vote on Gun Control!

Post by srothstein »

The article I read said even Reid doesn't think it has a snowball's chance of passing. He is doing it to help show the difference between the parties on gun control. The way I read that, it means he is trying to throw the next election to the Republicans.
Steve Rothstein

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Guns have history and going through mine today I have a bunch that are not registered and were never transferred. From the Double Action 45 / 1911 my father carried for 10 years to a pair of Winchesters my grandfather fed his family with through the depression and a bunch in between. If one has more than 30 firearms would that be a mental defect? Not today but maybe tomorrow...

Along with a bunch of other issues, this bill will also control the carrying of all firearms by all citizens under Section 128 Interstate Transportation of Firearms or Ammunition. The unloaded out of reach portion defined in changing section 926a Title 18 US Code appears to make the lawful carrying of a firearm in ones vehicle illegal under any circumstance unless it is unloaded and out of reach. What exactly does this section have to do with a background check? Absolutely nothing.

The intent here is to turn as many Law Abiding Citizens as possible into Criminals. Backdoor Disarmament over time. Surely a Bill with 2nd Amendment Protection Act in its title would never Infringe on the 2nd Amendment or State Laws...

I assume we are talking about the same bill, if not disregard everything above! link:
http://www.toomey.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=968" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
III

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jumping Frog »

rbwhatever1 wrote:I assume we are talking about the same bill, if not disregard everything above! link:
http://www.toomey.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=968" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have no idea what current bill is being proposed by Reid. But the bill you linked is from April of 2013.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rbwhatever1 »

I believe this is the same bill Reid voted against on a procedural issue since it wasn't going to pass, allowing it to be tabled for reintroduction at any time he chooses. Too many bills to keep up with...
III

Return to “National Rifle Association”