New Membership - after 19 yr lapse

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Scott B.
Posts in topic: 2

New Membership - after 19 yr lapse

Post by Scott B. »

A few weeks ago I was trying to remember when I let my year-to-year membership in the NRA lapse. I was paying for a new membership at the time so it seemed appropriate.

I remembered it was in college, after the service, and money was tight. The light bulb went off and I felt like smacking myself upside the head. Odd that I could have momentarily forgotten 1995 and the dark days that spring. Letting my membership go wasn't a direct response to the NRA shooting itself in the foot in the aftermath of those events, but it certainly made the decision easier.

New card came in the mail today.

I think that old wound is healed, but let's not have any more PR debacles.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New Membership - after 19 yr lapse

Post by Jumping Frog »

Welcome back!
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Scott B. wrote:A few weeks ago I was trying to remember when I let my year-to-year membership in the NRA lapse. I was paying for a new membership at the time so it seemed appropriate.

I remembered it was in college, after the service, and money was tight. The light bulb went off and I felt like smacking myself upside the head. Odd that I could have momentarily forgotten 1995 and the dark days that spring. Letting my membership go wasn't a direct response to the NRA shooting itself in the foot in the aftermath of those events, but it certainly made the decision easier.

Welcome back, but what "PR debacle"? I joined in 1993, and I don't remember any debacles. I stayed with it. What did I miss?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jmra

Post by jmra »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Scott B. wrote:A few weeks ago I was trying to remember when I let my year-to-year membership in the NRA lapse. I was paying for a new membership at the time so it seemed appropriate.

Welcome back, but what "PR debacle"? I joined in 1993, and I don't remember any debacles. I stayed with it. What did I miss?
I assume he is referring to this:
http://articles.latimes.com/1995-05-11/ ... l-building
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
Scott B.
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Scott B. »

I'm sure nobody wants to dredge that up again. My fault for even alluding to it.

With the media filter cracked wide open, near universal public internet access, shall issue spreading, and forums for like minded gun owners to gather and communicate -- we're in a much better place than 1995.

Still, we fight a common enemy. I am concerned about our rights, I carry, so I'm compelled to support the NRA. It just took a while for me to make it back to the fold. ;-)
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Return to “National Rifle Association”