Grover Norquist: Fact or Fiction

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jayinsat
Posts in topic: 2

Grover Norquist: Fact or Fiction

Post by jayinsat »

Ran across this article today and wanted to see if there is any validity to the claims being made about this gentleman. I know nothing about any of the NRA leadership but I know so many of you do. Is the claims made in this article factual or Glenn Beck hype?

http://www.glennbeck.com/2015/03/11/doe ... otherhood/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“There is a re-election campaign going on right now in the NRA for Grover Norquist. And Grover Norquist is I believe one of the more dangerous men in America. And they’ve done a really great job of making anybody who thinks Grover Norquist is a dangerous man look like a conspiracy theorist. But he is a dangerous man,” Glenn said on radio.

Source: http://www.glennbeck.com/2015/03/11/doe ... tcopy_link" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks in advance. :tiphat:
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

The Annoyed Man

Re: Grover Norquist: Fact or Fiction

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I don't have a dog in the hunt, but I have recently read that Glenn Beck's organization is kind of falling apart, and that there are rumors from within that Beck isn't quite right in his mind. I am NOT trying to slander him, because I HONESTLY don't know if this is true or not. But if it is true, then perhaps that might explain why he has it in for Grover Norquist, who has been the taxpayers' friend as far as I know.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

extremist
Posts in topic: 1

Post by extremist »

Read reports by Frank Gaffney on Grover Norquist and make up your own mind.

http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/ ... -norquist/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

James
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I don't have a dog in the hunt, but I have recently read that Glenn Beck's organization is kind of falling apart, and that there are rumors from within that Beck isn't quite right in his mind. I am NOT trying to slander him, because I HONESTLY don't know if this is true or not. But if it is true, then perhaps that might explain why he has it in for Grover Norquist, who has been the taxpayers' friend as far as I know.
I take Wikipedia with a grain of salt, but the page for Grover Norquist actually backs up most of the allegations. Like TAM, I don't have a dog in the hunt, but was curious because I heard not heard the Muslim connection before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grover_Norquist

From what I've heard, TAM is spot on about Glenn Beck.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I too have mixed thoughts on Norquist. I believe he does some good things in trying to hold the Republicans accountable for their fiscal positions.

On the other hand, it concerns me when any one person has that much ability to influence things from the outside. I also do not like that Carl Rove is as influential as he is in promoting the moderate Republican status quo.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

extremist wrote:Read reports by Frank Gaffney on Grover Norquist and make up your own mind.

http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/ ... -norquist/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

James
Well Frank Gaffney is a really smart guy, most particularly with respect to national security matters. If he says it, it is probably true.

I have not paid much attention to Grover Norquist, or to the republican party for that matter since I left it, so I have not been on top of what he's up too. I only know of his efforts against tax increases, but not even the specifics.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Without regard to the character of Mr. Norquist, Glenn Beck lost me with his hatchet job on Debra Medina in Rick Perry's last election.

Medina was rising in the polls. Beck had her on his show, and for his first question asked her if she thought the American government had anything to do with 9/11. She said it wasn't a state issue and tried to move on. Beck drilled in and kept asking if the American government had anything, anything at all to do with 9/11.

Medina may be crazy. I don't know, but at that point Beck did something really cruel. He broke the audio connection between his mike and Debra Medina's telephone connection. She heard dead air, which she politely tried to fill. Beck kept muttering that she didn't have to say any more, as if she wouldn't shut up. She didn't hear that, and maintained a one-sided conversation about how there might be more information to learn.

In the following days, he played clips out of order that sounded far worse than the original.

Beck later said there was a malfunction that caused Ms. Medina's audio feed to stop.

A year later at a book signing, I asked Beck to sign my book, "To Debra Medina, sorry for cutting off your audio."

He said "no." Two of Beck's security bracketed me and cordially accompanied me out of the book signing area.

Medina may have been a kook, I don't know. Beck lampooned her a little more than I thought was decent.

JSThane
Banned

Post by JSThane »

I'm not a big fan of Glenn Beck. Most of the time, he's right on the issues, or ahead of them, but every once in a while, he lets slip the crazy, and I haven't found any rhyme or reason to it. One moment, he's talk radio's Ted Cruz, sensible yet a firebrand, the next he's gone all Ron Paul on me, and I turn it off. The last time I really listened to him was when he had some kook on as a guest who was talking about The End Of The World!!!11oneone!, and attempting to justify this with out-of-context Scripture. The fact that Beck never called him on his assertions that -his- interpretations of Revelations were the -only- true ones, instead doing the audio version of "smile and nod," inspired me to turn Beck off for good. Beck himself may not be crazy, but like Ron Paul, he has some associations of questionable sanity, and never seems to acknowledge they might be wrong, much less repudiate their loony statements.

My talk radio these days consists of Rush Limbaugh, who I at least find entertaining, informative, and questions The Crazy, even when he might agree with it.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Always been wary of Norquist and curious as to this timing of the all out attack. This material Has been out there for awhile and Beck has all the sudden usurped this like it's dramatic and new, which is his standard M.O. He's always teasing "announcements" that are going to rock the universe and it's always old news. I don't consider him terribly credible and see him in the same light as a televangelist.

I've read here and there that Beck is suffering from hypochondria and other types of severe neuroses. On the occasions that I do listen it seems that he's more and more being propped up by his morning zoo crew. He needs to groom someone to be the new him or his organization will crater soon.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

People need to read this.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015031 ... ampaign=P1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:People need to read this.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015031 ... ampaign=P1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:tiphat:
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

This is hardly new information. Michell Malkin was onto Norquist over a decade ago.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/michel ... 102203.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Well, I'm sure that the right folks at the NRA will be put on the task, and will give it the due diligence it deserves. I'll be curious to see what they come up with. I hope they will release a statement no matter what they find, good or bad.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

K.Mooneyham wrote:

Well, I'm sure that the right folks at the NRA will be put on the task, and will give it the due diligence it deserves. I'll be curious to see what they come up with. I hope they will release a statement no matter what they find, good or bad.
There's a lot of information available now. Vote accordingly.

Chas.

Return to “National Rifle Association”