Spam free NRA membership???

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Matt78665
Posts in topic: 1

Spam free NRA membership???

Post by Matt78665 »

I am told that there is a way to join the NRA without getting all the spam from more sources than I can mention? Can someone please give me the magic formula for that. I am a former member and an active member of TSRA
"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
St. Augustine

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Spam free NRA membership???

Post by nightmare69 »

I've had to call the NRA to get my phone number off their call list. I was getting calls asking for more money. If you didn't answer, as I usually don't if I don't know the number, they will just call back everyday until you do. Extremely annoying.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

First, screen all telephone calls.

Simple.

Also, and I've no way of really knowing, but I pay $10.00 a year to be a member. That's it.

Perhaps, given my meager annual payment to stay a member, throws me into the "don't bother with this guy bin" he's not gonna respond to any sales plea...he's too darn cheap...we'll be wasting ad money and/or time...

I don't ever get pestered...ever.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Call NRA on the phone and register that way. Tell them on the spot that you want all marketing turned off ??

IIRC, when I signed up (online) I had to make 2 calls.. First to NRA member services and second to the entity that does all their insurance marketing.. After that everything stopped pretty quickly.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nightmare69 »

Just called to change my address and had to listen to a sales pitch asking for money. The NRA is worse than the local bum begging for money in front of the liquor store. I finally had to hang up as they won't take "no" for an answer. They just keep going with "well can you afford to give X to help fight for your rights?" They need to tone it down. If I want to give extra I will without them hounding me about it.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

I don't like all the advertisement for getting more money, I joined to support them. They spend a lot of money creating printed material to ask for money. I don't take the free stuff for renewing.

JTWPlano

Post by JTWPlano »

I have been a life member of the NRA for a long while... maybe 15 years? I was doing annual renewals prior to that. Anyway, I used to have the same issue with them sending me junk mail and even doing phone solicitation for additional funds. At some point, I somehow got them to stop sending me all that garbage or calling me. I think I called them and told them to remove me from all of that, and if not, that I would forfeit my membership, or something along those lines. I never get junk mail or calls from them now.

Return to “National Rifle Association”