NRA National Meeting May 3-6 -- Anybody Worried?

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 16

Re: NRA National Meeting May 3-6 -- Anybody Worried?

Post by Grundy1133 »

strogg wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:If you patronize Uber, as has been suggested, understand that you are supporting their Anti 2A policy:
Uber prohibits riders and drivers from carrying firearms of any kind in a vehicle while using our app.
what they dont know dont hurt em... ;-)
Or go Lyft instead. I never really liked Uber as a company. Anytime I need a ride that won't be company expensed, I call Lyft.
I live in a little podunk town and never used uber or lyft or a taxi for that matter. :lol:
NRA Member

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Grundy1133 wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:If you patronize Uber, as has been suggested, understand that you are supporting their Anti 2A policy:
Uber prohibits riders and drivers from carrying firearms of any kind in a vehicle while using our app.
what they dont know dont hurt em... ;-)
I agree. That policy is simply a lie, since Uber does not "prohibit" guns. In fact, I'm not even sure how they could legally prohibit guns. Is a 30.06 sign valid if it is slapped on the passengers windows of a car?

It would be nice if they said something truthful like, "we don't like guns because they are scary, and we treat our independent contractor employees like little children, so we will fire them if they have a gun in the car, or knowingly allow passengers to ride while carrying a gun."

jason812
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jason812 »

I'm only worried about parking, driving up from the Waco area (hate traffic), having some goober who doesn't know about the law search my backpack, and finding that I need a 3rd job to buy all the cool things I see. There will be nothing valuable in my car and it's probably worth more if it's stolen than if I sold it.

Any word on how the entrance works? Is there an LTC line similar to the capital? That would be handy.

edit: I'm also worried I will have to look as not dressed up and untuck my shirt :biggrinjester:
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

bblhd672 wrote:
carlson1 wrote:Park free at a TRE or a light rail parking lot. Jump on the light rail and it will take you directly to the convention center.
Two questions: Is TRE "safe" for lone older man to travel at all hours to and from Arlington? What's the TRE policy on licensed carry on the train?
You can carry on all three, the buses, the light rails, and the TRE. The parking lots in Irving are all well lit and have plenty of police driving around. I can’t speak for all of the parking lots, but in and around both lots here in Irving I have never seen the homeless or “gang looking members” loitering around.

I took my grandchildren down town Dallas several weeks ago and ended up on the train at night coming back. We had zero problems. I wouldn’t want to travel south of Dallas on DART after dark.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Will anyone be openly carrying?
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Bruin98

Post by Bruin98 »

For those worried about parking, I have 2 solutions. (I've lived in Dallas almost all my life.)

1. Use DART Rail. Most train locations have parking lots and they are scattered all over Dallas. There are 3 within 5 miles of my house. The train stops at the Convention Center. You walk about 100 yards from the train to the doors. Trains run every 20 minutes during peak traffic--but they actually run much more frequently when you are in Downtown Dallas. 3 different lines has a train running by every 10 minutes. It's so easy my 8 year old is a bit of an expert on the deal. Day passes are $5/day or you can buy 90 minute passes for I think $1.50. They might be $2 or 2.50. (I only buy the day passes when I use the train because these 90 minute passes don't work on the buses and the $5 ones work everywhere.) It's not the best, but safer than you have heard. (I posted before I read the whole thread--it's going to run you $10/day for a pass that works on the TRE and DART for those coming in from Ft. Worth.)

I'm not sure how you plan on doing lunch, but West End is one or two stops north of the convention center and if you want it--they got it as far as food is concerned. The train makes it easy and may give Uber or a taxi a run for its money on how fast it can get you there.

2. Uber.

DART is CHL friendly. Uber says they arent, but I've never seen a car actually posted.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I am still looking for group planning for this event. I plan on attending the convention show floor each day.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Flightmare »

Beiruty wrote:I am still looking for group planning for this event. I plan on attending the convention show floor each day.
I'm sure this will be heavily discussed at breakfast for the 2 DFW get-togethers.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 10

Post by bblhd672 »

Ran across this while researching parking - the NRAAM 2018 App.
http://s15.a2zinc.net/clients/NRA/nraam ... px?ID=1512
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

jason812

Post by jason812 »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:Will anyone be openly carrying?
That is the plan for my buddy and me, as long as it's allowed.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Grundy1133 »

jason812 wrote:
according to their site you're allowed to carry as long as you abide by local state and federal law bla bla... so as long as theres no 30.07 signs youre golden.
NRA Member

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Grundy1133 wrote:
jason812 wrote:
according to their site you're allowed to carry as long as you abide by local state and federal law bla bla... so as long as theres no 30.07 signs youre golden.
Yes... from other posts the convention center is not posted. I bought a HF1 just so my PPQ could see sunshine at this event. I did my open carry Wally Walk today. My buddy made a holster for his Range Officer just for the convention. Needless to say, if we can't open carry at the NBA convention, we will be disappointed.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RoyGBiv »

Has anyone received their entry badges/passes yet?
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 10

Post by bblhd672 »

RoyGBiv wrote:Has anyone received their entry badges/passes yet?
No. When I signed up the acknowledgment page said they would be sent out around April 16.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RoyGBiv »

bblhd672 wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:Has anyone received their entry badges/passes yet?
No. When I signed up the acknowledgment page said they would be sent out around April 16.
Thanks.. I guess I missed that bit. :tiphat:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “National Rifle Association”