A little more of the NRA is being told

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

K-Texas
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Re: A little more of the NRA is being told

Post by K-Texas »

flechero wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:04 pm
Rex B wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:39 pm Perhaps he could now best serve the NRA by stepping back and letting someone else be that public persona that represents us all.
I see you point but if he stepped back now, he'd look guilty of everything he's been accused of and the reputation of the NRA is drug further down in the mud. At a minimum he needs to air the truth and then he could bow out gracefully, if needed. But until the corrupt folks are outed and dealt with, he needs to be there.

I say spill all the beans, and do so fast! The drip drip drip needs to be turned into an opening of the floodgates, IMO.
Unfortunately, the person that could have best done that was Chris Cox and we know that he was part of the opposition.

The one person I have trusted beyond all others reporting is Tom Gresham, whom I listen to every Sunday, on Gun Talk Radio except during football season and Cowboy's games taking our local stations time slot. He was very cautious, at first, about being pro or con concerning Mr LaPierre's conduct, but finally stated that LaPierre needs to go.

But, there is a history there as well, where years ago, TG resigned from the board but has stayed on as a member of the NRA and continues to support the idea that more than ever, we need to support the NRA.

I wouldn't put it passed anyone with any ties to the demo-commie party to blacken the image of the NRA whenever possible. There may even be some republicans who may find themselves without NRA support in 2020. Hopefully, John Cornyn, will not be endorsed. Since he apparently has no challenger from within the party, that outcome could be worse if he were defeated by a demo-commie. As far as a quick response, we are only a year away from the election and it's apparent that the Texas Republican Party has made no move to push any other candidate from within the party to oppose Cornyn.

The one person I would personally like to see step forward is now listed as a Texan as far as board members go, and that's Ted Nugent.

Nonetheless, thank you Mr. Chas, for bring the NYTimes article to light here. Like the Russia/Ukraine investigation, it appears that the demo-commies want to see this drag on until the first Tuesday, November 2020.;-)
Last edited by K-Texas on Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . .

Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Paladin »

Nagorg wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:01 am I'm amazed at the anti-NRA stance I have been seeing on several forums. Honestly, I can understand it based on the references I'm pointed to when I try to rally support. I have to wonder if at least some of it is part of a grand plot to undermine the NRA but other things are hard to dispute.

I am a long time supporter of the NRA. That's not gonna change but I'd like to find info to help refute the bashing I continue to see on otherwise Pro-2A sites.
:iagree:

I think fundamentally there is a massive plot to undermine the NRA. That is because the NRA is so effective. The NRA has done so much and continues to be a leader for the Second Amendment.

I am a lifelong supporter of the NRA and will continue to be.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

K-Texas
Banned

Post by K-Texas »

Gotta correct my previous post. Cornyn has 2 republican opponents: Dwayne Stovall and Mark Yancey. Starting in 2012, Stovall ran unsuccessfully for the House District 18. He opposed Cornyn in 2014 and ran for congress again unsuccessfully for the 36th district. ;-)

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

K-Texas wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:09 pm Gotta correct my previous post. Cornyn has 2 republican opponents: Dwayne Stovall and Mark Yancey. Starting in 2012, Stovall ran unsuccessfully for the House District 18. He opposed Cornyn in 2014 and ran for congress again unsuccessfully for the 36th district. ;-)
I'm not a huge fan of Cornyn, BUT the last thing I would want to do is Send a Bonnen to replace him, unless somebody with a triple A rating runs against him, I'll vote for Cornyn!
Once again the NRA is the 800lb Gorilla in the Room!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

K-Texas
Banned

Post by K-Texas »

crazy2medic wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:01 pm
K-Texas wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:09 pm Gotta correct my previous post. Cornyn has 2 republican opponents: Dwayne Stovall and Mark Yancey. Starting in 2012, Stovall ran unsuccessfully for the House District 18. He opposed Cornyn in 2014 and ran for congress again unsuccessfully for the 36th district. ;-)
I'm not a huge fan of Cornyn, BUT the last thing I would want to do is Send a Bonnen to replace him, unless somebody with a triple A rating runs against him, I'll vote for Cornyn!
Once again the NRA is the 800lb Gorilla in the Room!
I don't think Cornyn has anything to worry about. Stovall appears to be a candidate willing to run for any national office every 2 years with a prior loss to Cornyn in 2014. Don't know anything about Mark Yancey, nor Bonnen for that matter.

When a guy advertises himself as "The Sportsman's Friend" and turns around and co-sponsors a bill with Dianne Feinstein against MSRs, it really speaks to who and what he is: a RHINO and solidly ESTABLISHMENT. Unfortunately, the Texas Republican Party didn't take his date with Dianne seriously enough. ;-)

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Attached is a copy of the NRA's First Amended Complaint filed in the Ackerman McQueen lawsuit in federal district court in Texas. It contains a lot of detail that people seeking the truth will find enlightening.

Chas.
Attachments
NRA First Amended Complaint.pdf
(2.3 MiB) Downloaded 336 times

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Thanks Charles!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Wow! Just wow! Very enlightening.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Thanks for posting that, Charles!

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

More facts and legal pleadings can be found at: https://www.nralegalfacts.org/

Chas.

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

Thank You Mr. Cotton. :tiphat: :tiphat:

:txflag: :patriot:

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:10 pm More facts and legal pleadings can be found at: https://www.nralegalfacts.org/

Chas.
The very detailed pleadings tell much of the story, but not every detail. The stunning facts show a betrayal of a near 40 year relationship and they make it abundantly clear why Ackerman is spreading false allegations against Wayne LaPierre and the NRA. It is a desperate but futile attempt to both "get even" with Wayne and to divert attention from their conduct. Remember these facts when you see attacks coming from this crew.

Chas.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Ridiculous behavior by AcMac, all in the name of greed and power. I would say it’s unbelievable but the reality is that too many good people and organizations can turn bad when money and pride take hold.
It’s a shame so much member and contributors money has been squandered by AcMac.

Nagorg

Post by Nagorg »

So most of this is about NRATV?

I think I'd like to know more about whats happening to keep the NRA from slipping back to its pre-1968 era ways. I mean, the members are the most likely the answer here. But most of the ant-NRA comments I see are coming from fear that the NRA (or some key members) is okay with some "sensible gun control" at times. Support for Bump Stock bans is an example. I've been referred to video of other NRA leaders making comments about how magazines should be restricted to ~5 rounds because that's all you need for hunting. Yes, the video I'm referring to is old but it does highlight the potential for things like this and doesnt do anything to help win back support from these folks.

I dont personally live in the past and think everyone, even organizations, make mistakes and should be given the benefit of the doubt... To a point at least.

It would be great to have a way of showing what the NRA is doing to help prevent this type of gun control acceptance from slipping into the ranks.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beiruty »

I still have to hear about the CEO compensation package.
It is not unusually to be high, but if it is overboard for a Association and funded by its members paid due, transparency is warranted.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Return to “National Rifle Association”