Corbon .357 Magnum DPX Report Coming Soon...

Renown Browning Hi Power Expert - Stephen A. Camp. Unfortunately, Stephen passed away and he will be greatly missed.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Stephen A. Camp

Corbon .357 Magnum DPX Report Coming Soon...

Post by Stephen A. Camp »

Hello. I got my hands on some of the new Corbon DPX ammunition in .357 magnum. Without letting any cats out of any bags, I've already noticed a couple of things that seem very encouraging.

Here is a disassembled cartridge. The unknown powder weighs in at 7.8 grains and the bullet weighed 125.1 grains.

I'll see what it does with regards to expansion, accuracy, felt recoil and other areas of concern for ammunition intended to be used in the serious business of self-defense.

Best.

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HighVelocity »

I'm looking forward to it. Looking at your picture, the DPX bullet looks like the same bullet used in the Taurus Hex ammo. Barnes?

Topic author
Stephen A. Camp

Post by Stephen A. Camp »

Hello. The bullets are made by Barnes.

Best.

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kalrog »

My understanding of these bullets (based on other folks that seem to know what they are talking about) is that they perform very well. Especially well for barrier penetration and hunting applications. They tend to penetrate very well and not expand violently. This can be good or bad depending on what you want...

All of this is in comparrison to other premium SD rounds.

I look forward your report!

Return to “Camp's Corner”