Coming Soon: Corbon .44 Special 200-gr. DPX Report...

Renown Browning Hi Power Expert - Stephen A. Camp. Unfortunately, Stephen passed away and he will be greatly missed.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Stephen A. Camp

Coming Soon: Corbon .44 Special 200-gr. DPX Report...

Post by Stephen A. Camp »

Hello. As soon as I can get to the range, I'll begin trying Corbon's new standard pressure 200-gr. DPX for the .44 Special. The test gun will be a 3" revolver. I suspect that people using the .44 Special as a carry gun, use this and 4" guns more than those with longer barrels.

The information on the box is said to have been from a 4" barrel. We'll see how it performs with an inch lopped off.

I am hoping that this load performs well. As .44 Special fanciers know, there's not exactly a plethora of loads from which to choose. I especially like that this is not a +P load; it should be perfectly safe in some of the smaller revolvers as well as older ones.

Best.

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kalrog »

Stephen - I like to keep all of my handguns loaded with some sort of 2 legged varmint defense while I am at home and they are in the safe - just in case. Well, I have a 7.5" .44Mag and would like to use something like this as a home defense option. Although it is at the smith right now having some nifty stuff done (including custom made zebra wood grips).

You are on an interresting streak recently. Thanks for the reports!

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jbirds1210 »

I am looking forward to the report....I frequently travel with my .44 mag Redhawk in the car and would love to have a good and dependable special round to tame it a bit. Please let us know how the recoil is on the Corbon specials! Thanks.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

Return to “Camp's Corner”