"New" Revolver....

Renown Browning Hi Power Expert - Stephen A. Camp. Unfortunately, Stephen passed away and he will be greatly missed.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Stephen A. Camp

"New" Revolver....

Post by Stephen A. Camp »

Hello. Picked up a very clean S&W Model 625-6 at the Dallas Market Hall gun show yesterday. I have not gotten the opportunity to shoot it yet but will when I can. Action is smooth and single-action very light and clean-breaking. I don't care for the MIM parts, but these have been hard to find, at least in my neck of the woods. Stuck a set of Eagle Secret Service grips on it and find it quite comfortable.

This thing will probably get a main diet of 250-gr. CSWC's loaded to 850-900 ft/sec. I will also see how Corbon's .45 AR DPX load shakes out through it as well.

I've had good luck with a considerably older 5" Model 625 in ACP/AR and hope that this one does as well.

We'll see...

Best.

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Venus Pax »

That is one sexy little gun. It looks easy to conceal. I bet it has some kick, though.
How much did you pay for it? (If you don't mind my asking.)
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Topic author
Stephen A. Camp

Hello. I paid too much I'm sure: $600.00

Best.

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

that is a beautiful revolver, and I love your taste in grips, but I don't think it is the one I would choose for concealed carry. I bet that sucker would feel like a brick after a few hours. Very very nice.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

Photoman

Post by Photoman »

I was on the prowl for a 5" pre-lock 625 at the Market Hall show and no joy. Your $600 price is not bad for a 3" in good condition.

Topic author
Stephen A. Camp

Hello and thanks for the information on the pricing. I won't carry this one much, but do see a place for it as a car gun now and again and while working on a friend's ranch; I have yet to figure this out. Even in areas where there is not lots of water, the place is covered up with water mocassins. I've only seen drag marks from a very large rattler my friend wound up killing but have killed a number of water mocassins hundreds of yards from any pond or creek. I've been using a Hi Power or 1911 on 'em and they work fine; so does the proverbial big stick, but a cast SWC handload would work well on the silly things and still pack enough "hootus" should I want to shoot something larger.

Best.

Return to “Camp's Corner”