Browning 9mm Hi Power w/Sprinco Recoil System

Renown Browning Hi Power Expert - Stephen A. Camp. Unfortunately, Stephen passed away and he will be greatly missed.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Stephen A. Camp

Browning 9mm Hi Power w/Sprinco Recoil System

Post by Stephen A. Camp »

Hello. Several years ago I bought a Sprinco recoil buffer system (reducer) for the Browning 9mm. I had no positive comments to make at all with that unit. When the topic came up on various boards, I mentioned these results.

Recently a Mr. Dugger contacted me by Email and the short of it is that he sent me the current version of the recoil reducer and explained some unpleasantness that had occurred within the company back when I got my first one.
Mr. Dugger sent me the part free of charge and wanted nothing in return. He felt that I had been wronged albeit without his knowledge, but he wanted to make it right. This speaks highly of the man in my view.

In short, this product is superb. It is a quantum leap above what I owned previously.

The Sprinco is made of stainless steel that is brightly polished to perfection. The long spring ( recoil) is currently of stainless while the secondary spring is chrome silicon.

The Sprinco unit I received and tested was for the 9mm Browning Hi Power and the company advises that it is fine for use with warmer loads as well. They also sell one that is set for maximum effort loads for folks using only the hottest ammunition exclusively.

Installation was easy and problem-free. Function was perfect and muzzle flip did seem to be lessened.

For those interested, a considerable detailed report along with contact information is here:

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/BHP% ... princo.htm

In short, I am now reversing my position based on the currently produced Sprinco recoil management system, i.e.,
not only do I find them superbly made but recommend them. There is no comparison between the one I bought years ago and this one.

Best.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Thanks Stephen. I always look forward to your product reviews.

Regards,
Chas.

Topic author
Stephen A. Camp

Hello, sir. You are most welcome and I'm glad they are of interest.

Best.

too-tall
Posts in topic: 1

Post by too-tall »

Mr. Camp

As always good to hear one of your reports.

Do you know if they make the reducers for the Hi-Power in 40cal?

Thanks
Too Tall
" Behind every silver lining,
there is a cloud..." NRA Life Member

Topic author
Stephen A. Camp

Hello. Yes, I believe they do. I think that if you'll drop by their site (information is in the longer report at hipowersandhandguns.com) you can see all of the guns that they offer these for. I seem to remember the .40 Hi Power being one.

Best.

Return to “Camp's Corner”