Shot an S&W 9mm M&P Automatic Today...

Renown Browning Hi Power Expert - Stephen A. Camp. Unfortunately, Stephen passed away and he will be greatly missed.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Stephen A. Camp

Shot an S&W 9mm M&P Automatic Today...

Post by Stephen A. Camp »

...but only a few shots.

I was surprised at how light the trigger pull on that pistol is.

Anyway, in a nutshell,

No darned key lock on this one

Quite comfortable; the rear grip straps can be changed. One comes in the gun and there are two others included along with a spare magazine.

Reliable, but again I only fired a few rounds of ball ammunition.

The sights were well-regulated and the gun was "on" at least out to 15 yards.

It is possible that with enough guns and enough shots some unforseen problems could crop up and I've not followed discussions on this pistol, but with this first brief introduction I was very favorably impressed.

Subjective to be sure, but I liked the grip angle much better than that of my Glock 17.

Best.

nitrogen
Posts in topic: 1

Post by nitrogen »

I fell in love with this handgun when I got to try one right after it appeared at my range, in .40. I was instantly in love.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

I really want my wife to shoot an M&P to see how she likes it. The Glock is a little fat for her hand and the grip angle is awkward. The brass hits her between the eyes almost everytime she fires! :grin: (fun to watch as a spectator)

She needs a new gun should she ever decide to participate in any style of match.....I have seen a couple of them in action at IDPA matches and they appeared to run like a champ.

Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

I'm glad to hear that you liked it Stephen, I bought one yesterday and it will be several day's before I get to shoot it.

Get in touch with me Jason y'all can help me try it out, I really want Kimberly to try the CW9 also, this little gun is really working out, 550 rd's of every kind of ammo that I have around, still have't cleaned it, no failures of any kind, and very accurate. :lol:
Last edited by ElGato on Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

cxm

Re: Shot an S&W 9mm M&P Automatic Today...

Post by cxm »

Steve,

If you would like to shoot one more extensively I'll be happy to let you have a go at mine...

Should be at the range on Sunday, so can shoot then or another time convenient for you.

I am VERY impressed with this pistol... about 2K rounds and not a single FTF or jam.

V/r

Chuck

Stephen A. Camp wrote:...but only a few shots.

I was surprised at how light the trigger pull on that pistol is.

Anyway, in a nutshell,

No darned key lock on this one

Quite comfortable; the rear grip straps can be changed. One comes in the gun and there are two others included along with a spare magazine.

Reliable, but again I only fired a few rounds of ball ammunition.

The sights were well-regulated and the gun was "on" at least out to 15 yards.

It is possible that with enough guns and enough shots some unforseen problems could crop up and I've not followed discussions on this pistol, but with this first brief introduction I was very favorably impressed.

Subjective to be sure, but I liked the grip angle much better than that of my Glock 17.

Best.
Hoist on High the Bonnie Blue Flag That Bears the Single Star!

Topic author
Stephen A. Camp

Hello and thanks. Right now, my schedule is pretty unsure and I honestly don't know when I'm free and when I'm not until about 15 mins before!

Best.

Topic author
SRVA

Post by SRVA »

Mr. Camp, I have over 7500 rounds through my M&P and it continues to get better. I have had no problems. I believe this pistol is a winner.

Topic author
Stephen A. Camp

Hello, and thanks for this information.

Best.

jbenat

Love my MP.....

Post by jbenat »

jbirds1210 wrote:I really want my wife to shoot an M&P to see how she likes it. The Glock is a little fat for her hand and the grip angle is awkward. The brass hits her between the eyes almost everytime she fires! :grin: (fun to watch as a spectator)
Jason
Dang Jason, that's funny!!!!! :lol: Watching hot brass bounce off your wifes head!!! :lol: Why won't my wife do funny stuff like that??? My only form of entertainment is a six pack and watching my two cats. :roll:

I think anyone would like the MP. I have a MP40 that I really like and will be buying the compact when it comes out and maybe even the 45 caliber also. You can't have too many MP's.
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

Return to “Camp's Corner”