New Holster from Garrity's Gunleather: Triskel

Renown Browning Hi Power Expert - Stephen A. Camp. Unfortunately, Stephen passed away and he will be greatly missed.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Stephen A. Camp

New Holster from Garrity's Gunleather: Triskel

Post by Stephen A. Camp »

Hello. I recently received a prototype holster from Mark Garrity of Garrity's Gunleather. He had named it the "Triskel" from ancient Celtic as the holster is capable of being used in three different carry modes: IWB, OWB, and "tuckable IWB."

This unlined holster appears to be very well made and I think it would last for years of daily wear.

The Triskel I received was for the 9mm Hi Power. Fit was perfect and the holster was superbly molded to the gun. I'm sure it will be available for other makes, including the 1911.

The holster can be adapted to IWB or OWB by removing two allen head screws and sliding out the kydex clips, reversing the clip's "hook" directions and then reinserting and securing. The whole process is quite quick and not complicated.

The clips allow for not only drop adjustment, but canting as well.

I found the holster extremely comfortable as an IWB holster and my initial concerns that it was possibly too large to work as such were completely without merit. This is one of the most comfortable IWB holsters I've ever tried.

The Triskel is quite comfortable and allows for relatively easy concealment of larger handguns.

I think the holster is not only well made, but a good idea as well. If you do too, or are interested in a more detailed report, the link below will provide one. Contact information for Mark Garrity is also provided as he would be the man to answer questions on pricing, availability, and other options.

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/Tris ... arrity.htm

Best.

dws1117
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dws1117 »

Looks like a nice pice of work.

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

I am going to check this one out, I really like the clips, they look strong and the way they can be used to adjust the holster is nice.
Tomcat
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KBCraig »

I like the holster. It appears to be well made and well-designed. One thing, though... I don't think I'd change the clips for OWB carry. I think it would set the holster out too far, and not hold it tight to the body.

Instead, I'd leave the clips set for IWB, and just wear it under the belt, but outside the the waistband.

I'm not yet sure whether I could wear a tuckable holster. I know it's sometimes the only option when dressed for business, so it's certainly something to consider.

Kevin

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KBCraig »

Ha! I guess I should have read the full review at the link first. There, I see that the butt still stays tucked in when worn OWB, and that someone else already discovered the method I proposed.

Kevin

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

The holster really does look comfortable.

I'm not sold on the clips though. My CTAC came with clips that look just like those. Sometimes they would come loose, giving me some issues with my draw. Then one clip broke with I stuffed it in my glove compartment one time. I replaced the standard clips with 'J-clips' which I have found are much more secure and also more comfortable as they ride against the belt more closely.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Stephen A. Camp

Post by Stephen A. Camp »

Hello. You might contact Mr. Garrity with your experiences on these clips. He seems always trying to improve his products and would probably appreciate information from folks having first-hand observations.

Best.

Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

About the clips...

I just ordered a different holster (Tucker Cover-Up Plus) for my S&W 642 and they have the clips made by Comp-Tac if I remember correctly. And I couldn't go with the standard clips either - just too visible was my thought - and I wouldn't need them on an IWB holster. So I went with the C-clips. I hope they work as well as I think they will. Similar to the J clips, but just a little more visible and they hold the belt on both top and bottom.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Kalrog, I have the CTAC w/ C-Clips & I like the C's.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

This looks like a really comfortable/nice holster.

*EDIT* After reading Garrity's website again, I see that I was looking at the wrong holster options. :(
Is the kydex reinforcement needed on a daily carry, or is that more of a personal preference? I definitely do not see myself drawing it that often - but do not want any issues if the need arises unexpectedly.

Return to “Camp's Corner”