TexasCHLforum Day at PSC - Registration begins 9/30/10

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

TexasCHLforum Day at PSC - Registration begins 9/30/10

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I think I'll have everything ready to open registration for the 2010 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC this Thursday, Sept. 30th. Registration will open at noon (or as close to it as I can) and can be found at http://www.psc-range.com/index.php?opti ... Itemid=116" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. When on the PSC Shooting Club Event Registration page, change the "Category" to one of the three pertaining to the TexasCHLforum Day (Seminars, clinics, mini-clinics). This will make it much easier to find what you want.

Changes for 2010:

Registration limits We had several complaints last year about most of the events being booked the first day leaving many people unable to register for anything other than "general admission." Therefore, people will only be able to register for four (4) clinics/mini-clinics (4 total, not 4 of each) until Monday, Oct. 18th. Any slots still available on that date can be booked by anyone regardless of the number of events they have already booked. If anyone books more than four (4) prior to 10/18, the last one(s) booked will be deleted, based upon the time/date stamp on their registration. This limit doesn't apply to seminars and it obviously doesn't apply to open shooting on the Texas Stars, plate rack, or mentor sessions.

Register for the "General Attendance Seminar" Everyone needs to register for the "General Attendance Seminar" even if you register for one or more events. We are going to use only this "seminar" to get a count for the lunch caterer and to confirm you for lunch. If you are coming and don't want to join us for lunch, then don't register for the "General Attendance Seminar." (Obviously, it isn't really a seminar, but it's listed in that category on the Registration page.)

October 18th is registration deadline -- no exceptions! Monday, Oct. 18th is the deadline for initial registrations as well as the deadline for us to receive your $20 fee. If you are already registered for some events and if we have your event fee, then you can register for additional events as long as they are available. It is strongly recommended that everyone register for the "General Attendance Seminar" and send in the $20 fee immediately, even if you haven't decided what events you want to attend. Doing so will guarantee you are registered and your fee is received by the Oct. 18th deadline. You can then register for individual events at anytime prior to Friday, Oct. 22nd. Please note Oct. 18th is the deadline for us to receive your fee, not a final postmark date!

The fee for the entire day is $20 There is one fee for the entire day; not a fee per event. Again this year, the PSC Shooting Club Board of Directors generously waived the non-member fee so we could keep the fee as low as possible. The fee covers your lunch and a little extra to help provide lunch to the volunteer staff and instructors. Staff and instructors do not pay a fee; just register for the "General Attendance Seminar" so we get a good count for lunch.

New starting time. Sign-in can be done Friday evening from 5:00 pm until 9:00 pm, or Saturday morning beginning at 7:00 am. There will be a mandatory safety meeting beginning at 8:00 am. This will save time in each clinic and mini-clinic since instructors will not have to do a safety briefing before each event. Again, attendance at this safety briefing is mandatory, so please be on time.

I'm sure I've forgotten something, so I'll update this thread as necessary. Post any questions you have and I'll answer it as quickly as possible.

Chas.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: TexasCHLforum Day at PSC - Registration begins 9/30/10

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charles, how do those of us who live up here in the hinterlands (DFW) register? Is there a website where we can do this? My wife and I are definitely coming this year.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Charles, how do those of us who live up here in the hinterlands (DFW) register? Is there a website where we can do this? My wife and I are definitely coming this year.
Thanks for reminding me. The online registration will be on the PSC website. I'll amend my post to add that now.

Thanks again,
Chas.

OldSchool
Posts in topic: 3

Post by OldSchool »

I probably missed it: How to get the fees to you? :headscratch
Life is for learning.
IANAL, thank gosh!
NRA Life Member - TSRA - PSC
NRA Certified Basic Rifle Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer

12/23/2009: Packets delivered.
01/15/2010: Plastic in hand!

tomc
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tomc »

Charles:

Could you post a brief description of the clinics listed on the PSC website that are not described in your post describing last years events? e.g., Gregg Garrett's clinic, Drills-4-Skills, etc.
be safe,
be prepared,
tomc

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

Well, I see registration is open. Now I need to get my money to you Charles. Can't wait to go. So much fun last time. Not sure but I think I got online right after you posted it up. Hope I did it right.

Gary
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

USA1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by USA1 »

I like this...Name for name tag (TexasCHLforum screen name): :thumbs2:
I don't remember that being an option last year.
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

Yeah, I saw that and I guess you were tne next one after me. I see you grabbed a couple of spots too. I got two that I had done before and then a different one than I had done last year. Hope to learn a few new things. I want to try the STAR also. I did not do it last year. Do we have to sign up for it? I did not see anything for that.

Gary
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

USA1

Post by USA1 »

gwashorn wrote: I want to try the STAR also. I did not do it last year. Do we have to sign up for it? I did not see anything for that.
The Texas Stars are an all day thing open to all. No need to sign up for it.
You may have to stand in line behind me though. :mrgreen:

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

USA1 wrote:
gwashorn wrote: I want to try the STAR also. I did not do it last year. Do we have to sign up for it? I did not see anything for that.
Better take a lot of ammo, those Texas Stars are hungry critters!! :lol:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

yeah, I am having problems finding a belt feeder for my XD9. Looking for a cart to carry the ammo in too.

Gary
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Keith B wrote:
USA1 wrote:
Better take a lot of ammo, those Texas Stars are hungry critters!! :lol:
It's not so bad when you don't miss. :coolgleamA:

OK OK I know, I just jinxed myself. :cryin

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

OldSchool wrote:I probably missed it: How to get the fees to you? :headscratch
Don't feel bad - I just registered for several mini-clinics, and couldn't figure out how to send the $, either. Halp!

"Therefore, people will only be able to register for four (4) clinics/mini-clinics (4 total, not 4 of each) until Monday, Oct. 18th."

Oops - I didn't see this before registering, sorry. I guess you'll just delete my 5th session, so no harm no foul, I guess :biggrinjester:
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

RHENRIKSEN wrote:
OldSchool wrote:I probably missed it: How to get the fees to you? :headscratch
Don't feel bad - I just registered for several mini-clinics, and couldn't figure out how to send the $, either. Halp!
http://psc-range.com/index.php?option=c ... Itemid=120
The address is at the bottom of the page.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Thanks, will mail tonight. I'm conditioned to expect some sort of online payment option.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Return to “2010 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC”