LTC-104 - New form that replaces the LTC-100 & LTC-101's takes effect on 1 May 2024

Keep up to date on DPS changes impacting CHL instructors and licensees

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Mike S
Posts in topic: 2

LTC-104 - New form that replaces the LTC-100 & LTC-101's takes effect on 1 May 2024

Post by Mike S »

RSD is sending emails to current LTC Instructors to notify of the new form (LTC-104) that will replace both the LTC-100 & LTC-101.

The RSD will accept the current LTC-100 & LTC-101 forms for classes that were completed prior to 1 May 2024. Beginning on 1 May 2024, Instructors must issue only the LTC-104. This includes both in-person instructors and Online providers.

No substantial changes in what goes onto the form or procedures, but when instructors receive the email it will have detailed instructions for each section.

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 3

Re: LTC-104 - New form that replaces the LTC-100 & LTC-101's takes effect on 1 May 2024

Post by AF-Odin »

If I read their email correctly (and I am going to re-read it), we now have to fill out the "middle portion" for range instruction for ALL students, not just the proficiency only students. Also in my initial read, it also appears that the "Range Instruction" is separate from the "Handgun Use and Safety" block. Also, the Range Instruction no longer states 1-2 hours and the Range Instruction is not included in the 4-6 hours. I would be interested to see what RSD considers Range Instruction.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: LTC-104 - New form that replaces the LTC-100 & LTC-101's takes effect on 1 May 2024

Post by Vol Texan »

Do any of you have a copy of the LTC-104 form? My email didn't have one attached.

I'd just as soon start using it now, so I can get it into my regular routine, if possible.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

It is NOT on the RSD Forms list. The one I had attached to the email was not really attached, but embedded in the email and showed what info went where.

I too would like to start using now IF IT WAS AVAILABLE
AF-Odin
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Topic author
Mike S
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mike S »

Same here. I'd start using it now, but no attachment & as you said it's not available for download on the DPS website.

I'll ping the RSD & see if they'll resend to all with attachments, or post for Instructors to download

hitwsr

Post by hitwsr »

Same here. Called twice. 1st call took info. 2nd call said to email RSD. As of now, no response and no link on RSD forms section.

Timba

Post by Timba »

Still radio silence from DPS, and nothing on the site: https://www.dps.texas.gov/InternetForms ... Details/75

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Yep, like I posted in another thread, they DO NOT answer email and when I called on 18 March, the nice polite person told me that they "Should" have the form available by May and to call back if I had not seen it by mid-May. They tell us that they will not accept an LTC-100 dated after 1 May, but do not provide the new form? The Range I teach at has not put out the May schedule yet, but I can bet that I will have a class on Saturday 4 May. Just hope we see the form before then.
:grumble
AF-Odin
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Return to “DPS Updates”