2nd officer down today..

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
mikedude

2nd officer down today..

Post by mikedude »

I will be glad when my shift is over tonight! We have been getting murdered bad this past week across our great nation. This is also another new officer. Several have died recently.

http://www.officer.com/news/10846115/wi ... S121224003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wisconsin Police Officer Found Slain on Christmas Eve

MILWAUKEE (AP) — A suburban Milwaukee police officer was found shot and killed on Christmas Eve a couple of hours after a police dispatcher tried unsuccessfully to reach her, and authorities said they were investigating the case as a homicide.

A dispatcher tried to reach Officer Jennifer Lynn Sebena, 30, for a call about 3 a.m. Monday, but she didn't respond, Wauwatosa Lt. Gerald Witkowski said. Officers began looking for her and found her dead with several gunshot wounds about 5 a.m., he said. He didn't know if she was found inside or outside her squad car or whether she tried to defend herself.

Investigators have no suspects, and Witkowski urged witnesses to come forward

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 2nd officer down today..

Post by Jumping Frog »

May the Good Lord keep her in peace.

I wonder if she has left children behind.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Isn't the protocol, that any gun-shot-fired call, response would be in team of at least of 2?
:rules: :rules:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

We lost Jimmie Norman on Christmas Eve, also. He was a Bellaire Police Department corporal and a 24-year veteran LEO. He was twice named officer of the year by the Bellaire department. Story in the Houston Chronicle.

Also shot and killed by 21-year-old Harlem Lewis was a Bellaire business owner, Terry Taylor. The only good news is that other Bellaire officers responded almost immediately, and the suspect was apprehended.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

DLBConductor

Post by DLBConductor »

May both officers RIP.

I pray that their families will be comforted in their terrible loss.
[12/10/2011: CHL Class - 100 Written and 240 Range][01/14/2012: Plastic - 31 Days!]
[NRA Life Member][TSRA Life Member][CHL]

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Beiruty wrote:Isn't the protocol, that any gun-shot-fired call, response would be in team of at least of 2?
:rules: :rules:
Not in my agency...if it seems legit a few of us will go. Usually it is fireworks or something silly.

RIP to officers and prayers for the families.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

Post by seamusTX »

mikedude wrote:A suburban Milwaukee police officer was found shot and killed on Christmas Eve a couple of hours after a police dispatcher tried unsuccessfully to reach her, and authorities said they were investigating the case as a homicide.
Her husband was arrested, though not formally charged:
http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article ... 148704.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

Topic author
mikedude

Post by mikedude »

seamusTX wrote:
mikedude wrote:A suburban Milwaukee police officer was found shot and killed on Christmas Eve a couple of hours after a police dispatcher tried unsuccessfully to reach her, and authorities said they were investigating the case as a homicide.
Her husband was arrested, though not formally charged:
http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article ... 148704.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim

Interesting. The police websites hadn't shown that. That is a relief in a way for the offices up there since if that is true, they know there isn't some wacko out there ambusihng them.

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

Post by seamusTX »

The story went out on the AP wire a couple of hours ago, so it will take the secondary sites a while to pick it up.

If the suspect in this case is the guilty party, that will get one criminal behind bars. Unfortunately, there's no shortage of people willing to kill a cop over a traffic stop or some other minor thing.

- Jim

Return to “The Crime Blotter”