Convicted felon in elevator with Obama.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Convicted felon in elevator with Obama.

Post by mojo84 »

In Atlanta a couple weeks ago. Being reported by Fox News just now. WOW!!!

I watched the Secret Service head being grilled by the house oversight committee members. She came across so incompetent it's apparent Obama appointed her because of her gender. There had to be better candidates of either gender available.

Wall Street Journal article

http://m.wsj.com/articles/obama-rode-in ... 5?mobile=y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He was a there time convicted felon that was working as a security guard. Not a part time reserve commissioned officer but a licensed security guard. How about them apples?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

gljjt
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Convicted felon in elevator with Obama.

Post by gljjt »

Doesn't convicted felon + armed = new felony?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Didn't you know that most convicts vote democrat?

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by EEllis »

Some of the stories say felon others just say convicted of assault 3 times. Since that is not always a felony I wouldn't bet that the press has it right. In Georgia you can't get a blue card with a felony which you must have to be armed. You can be an unarmed guard even with a felony.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I don't recall seeing anything that said he was licensed to carry as a guard. I took it that he is a felon, a guard, had a gun and was in an elevator. Haven't seen any evidence otherwise. It may be out there but I haven't seen it and am not interested in trying to research it to prove Fox News and the Wall Street Journal wrong.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Here's an article that says he was convicted of assault and battery. I do not know of this is a felony or not in Georgia. It also says the SS agents didn't know he was armed. He was fired on the spot when the agents did a check after the fact. At that time he turned over his gun.

http://m.wsoctv.com/news/news/national/ ... vat/nhYmD/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll leave it up to the legal eagles to discuss the appropriateness of any or all of the particulars. I'll remain convinced the guy should not have been that close to the President of the United States.

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

It just so happens that I am reading Ronald Kessler's book:
In the President's Secret Service: Behind the Scenes with Agents in the Line of Fire and the Presidents They Protect
http://www.amazon.com/In-Presidents-Sec ... 030746136X

The book covers behind the scenes behaviors & personalities of the presidents, families & v presidents. Though published in 2010, Kessler's book accurately foretells of todays's events. He details the challenges the secret service agents have to contend with - ie: being understaffed, ill equipped, under funded, over worked, bullied & abused.

These poor agents are burned out and dropping like flies. Today's security breeches are not so much the agents fault, but are due to their superiors indifference & ineptitude. If corrective action is not implemented soon there will be a tragedy.

Kessler shares many interesting anecdotes. I havent finished the book but so far it seems that the over all favorite president - Toss up between Reagan & Bush 41....both were gracious, generous and unpretentious - good men with good hearts.

Most loathed - Jimmy Carter....inconsiderate, arrogant, hypocrite, petty - cold and indifferent to the agents. No one was to speak to him unless necessary.

I have more to read so my impressions are not definitive.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Very interesting. I'll probably read it. After seeing the director testify, I can see how the morale is in the pits.

EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

mojo84 wrote:Here's an article that says he was convicted of assault and battery. I do not know of this is a felony or not in Georgia. It also says the SS agents didn't know he was armed. He was fired on the spot when the agents did a check after the fact. At that time he turned over his gun.
Yeah that's what I read and it was the phrasing "Turned over his gun" seemingly to the security supervisor. If it were a personal gun why would he "turn it over"? Why wouldn't he be arrested? The story is more than a bit confused.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

According to Fox News, the incident was confirmed by multiple sources and an SS official.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/09 ... ith-obama/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Or, you can look at is as a convicted felon in an elevator with an as yet unconvicted felon.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

A few seconds away now from a press conference announcing the resignation of the Secret Service Director. Presser will air on Fox News and other networks.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Wow....well it is deserved. Obama does not need to be made into a martyr. He needs to have to live so that he can be known for the content of his character and his deeds rather than his rhetoric and skin color.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

mamabearCali wrote:Wow....well it is deserved. Obama does not need to be made into a martyr. He needs to have to live so that he can be known for the content of his character and his deeds rather than his rhetoric and skin color.
It's just that I'd be more afraid of the unconvicted felon in the elevator than the convicted one.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

mamabearCali wrote:Wow....well it is deserved. Obama does not need to be made into a martyr. He needs to have to live so that he can be known for the content of his character and his deeds rather than his rhetoric and skin color.
There is another important reason Obama absolutely, positively must stay healthy: Joe Biden.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “The Crime Blotter”