Shots fired at BLM protest in Dallas

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

GeekwithaGun
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Shots fired at BLM protest in Dallas

Post by GeekwithaGun »

tomneal wrote:That's odd

the100club.org web site is down

This is for north texas and links to other orgs

http://100clubcentex.com

http://100clubcentex.com/about-us/other-100-clubs/
NRA Life Member

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 16

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

C-dub wrote:I lost a friend last night. He leaves a wife and two daughters, 14y and 10y. He was only 2-3 years from retirement. He didn't talk much about the job. I knew he worked at Love Field before, but didn't know he did foot stuff and didn't think he would have been anywhere near that last night.

Extreme sorrow and anger is what I'm feeling this morning.
I'm sorry for your loss, and your friend's family's loss, C-Dub. Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cyphertext »

C-dub wrote:I lost a friend last night. He leaves a wife and two daughters, 14y and 10y. He was only 2-3 years from retirement. He didn't talk much about the job. I knew he worked at Love Field before, but didn't know he did foot stuff and didn't think he would have been anywhere near that last night.

Sorry for your loss C-dub.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

I would like to express my condolences to you and all the families involved in this terrible tragedy.

I am sickened by this.

RIP

carlson1
Posts in topic: 5

Post by carlson1 »

C-dub wrote:I am heartbroken for his wife and daughters. His older daughter was a classmate and team mate of my daughter's and I've coached her in softball for many years. His younger daughter is a Daddy's girl. I can't even imagine what they are going through this morning.
I am so very sorry to hear this. This was all senseless. I will be praying extra for you and of course your friends family as well.

loscar141

Post by loscar141 »

Man I am such a conspiracy theorists. The only thing I can think is that this is a false flag operation. To get the police to be more agreeable to enforcing any unconstitutional gun control

mojo84
Posts in topic: 9

Post by mojo84 »

Conyers and the CBC is already calling for more gun control.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I appreciate offers of prayers for me, but they are deeply needed for my friends' family and the families of all the other officers murdered and injured last night.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

GeekwithaGun wrote:
C-dub wrote:Last I heard was that it was a self inflicted gun shot.
Chief Brown said in a news conference it was not self inflicted

http://www.fox4news.com/news/171636096-video
Looks like you are correct.
Police spent hours negotiating with him before he was killed by an explosive strapped to a police robot.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/shots-fired-da ... d=40422456
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

C-dub, Please let your friend's family know many are praying for peace and comfort for them.

This hits too close to home for many. I am so thankful my son is home for the summer and not in Dallas working his security patrol job. While watching the various news videos, he saw some officers with whom he has worked over the last couple of years.

Let's all pray for peace, calm and discernment as we navigate these tumultuous times in our country's history.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 8

Post by bblhd672 »

I understand the LEO's need to keep aspects of the suspects and ongoing investigation to themselves right now - but I think that the public needs to be told whether or not there are shooters still at large.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AJSully421 »

Suspect named: Micah X Johnson. Pictures found on Social media, looks to be an Army vet.

Not good.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

rentz
Posts in topic: 10

Post by rentz »

AJSully421 wrote:Suspect named: Micah X Johnson. Pictures found on Social media, looks to be an Army vet.

Not good.
yes cnn was reporting he had military experience, but i couldn't find that confirmed elsewhere

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 8

Post by bblhd672 »

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

C-dub, prayers for your friend's family, and his friends and fellow officers. Last night's tragedy is heartbreaking in so many ways. This is going to take a lot of time for healing, if it happens at all.

As for the dead shooter, he was apparently an Army reserve member, but don't know what his previous status on being active or what his MOS had been. There is still a lot of missing information on if it was multiple shooters or if the other suspects were actively involved or not.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “The Crime Blotter”