TX:The mean streets of Houston - 2 women assassinated in the Heights

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 566

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

Post by philip964 »

April 14, 2023

https://abc13.com/houston-crime-shootin ... /13124992/

Good guys 3 bad guys 1.

4 masked robbers begin robbing customers at a convenience store, armed customer draws and wounds three. Bad guys wounds one. ( GG could have wounded him, I’m giving our hero the benefit of the doubt )

Bad guys apprehended at the hospital. Police work becomes easier when you just collect the criminals at the hospital.

Austin DA is trying to figure out if he can some how arrest the good guy.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 16

Post by puma guy »

That place has been robbed before, maybe several times. Good for the armed citizen.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

April 15, 2023

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... ille-area/

Some one was cruising I45 near Spring and Huntsville shooting motorcycle gang members. Article says “outlaw” a commenter says Banditoes. Apparently motorcycle gang members are old folks now.

3 dead. RIP. Didn’t make it to 120th anniversary of Harley Davidson.

April 18, 2023. Extension day if you pay taxes.

https://abc13.com/houston-crime-deadly- ... /13145182/

4 people shot near Greyhound Bus Station near downtown. One died, two shooters. Looks like 3 innocent bystanders wounded.

Broad daylight in a highly populated area. Witness said online that one person was struck with a car, driver got out and executed that man. Both shooters could have been Obamas’s son.

April 27, 2023

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/stat ... 94306.html

Parking lot scammer collects $40 from a guy on a date. They go inside. Man finds out guy is a scammer, goes outside gets a gun from his car, chases scammer murders him. Returns gun to car and goes back inside to resume his date.

April 28, 2023

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... -next-day/

Robbed vending machine, arrested no bond, caught on camera robbing it the next day. Now in jail for robbing a residence.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

April 29,2023

https://news.yahoo.com/police-5-people- ... 15592.html

5 dead in Cleveland after neighbors complain to neighbor about neighbor firing his semiautomatic rifle on his property.

RIP.

April 29, 2023

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... mily-says/

Female assistant principal taken to hospital after beating by a group of 9th graders at school.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 93

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:45 am April 29,2023

https://news.yahoo.com/police-5-people- ... 15592.html

5 dead in Cleveland after neighbors complain to neighbor about neighbor firing his semiautomatic rifle on his property.

RIP.

Something that I picked up on in the news story, aside from the anti gun media bias slant of the "journalist". If they had time to video this lunatic coming up to the door with a rifle, they had time to arm themselves and stop him. Makes me think they did not have a means of self defense in the home.
The suspect responded by telling them that it was his property, according to Capers, and that one person in the house got a video of the suspect walking up to the front door with the rifle.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

So the article mentions ten people in the house and everyone is from Honduras.

Another article said the shooter who is at large is Mexican.

Can foreign nationals in the US own and possess guns? I don’t know.

03Lightningrocks

philip964 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:56 pm So the article mentions ten people in the house and everyone is from Honduras.

Interesting question. I forgot all these new immigrants are coming in illegally. I am thinking they may not be allowed to legally possess a firearm.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Rafe »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:44 pm
philip964 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:56 pm So the article mentions ten people in the house and everyone is from Honduras.

Interesting question. I forgot all these new immigrants are coming in illegally. I am thinking they may not be allowed to legally possess a firearm.
Yep; Lightnin's right. Non-immigrant aliens are prohibited under federal law from possessing a firearm or ammunition. Of course, "non-immigrant" most definitely includes undocumented and illegal aliens, but the definition goes farther than that. From the website of our eternal friend, the ATF:
A nonimmigrant alien is an alien in the United States in a nonimmigrant classification as defined by section 101(a)(15) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(15)). Generally, "nonimmigrant aliens" are tourists, students, business travelers and temporary workers who enter the U.S. for fixed periods of time; they are lawfully admitted aliens who are not lawful permanent residents.

(27 CFR 478.11)
Basically, if you're a permanent resident (e.g., have a green card) you're good to purchase, own, and possess a firearm. God bless the 2A. If you are not a legal permanent resident, you haven't earned that right yet.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

03Lightningrocks

My issue with Transgenders owning firearms is that they are all suffering from a mental condition know as gender dysphoria. Mentally unstable people should not be allowed to purchase firearms. It is no different than allowing a serial killer or a mentally incapacitated drug addict to purchase firearms. It is th same reason we should not allow a domestic violent child abuser or spousal abuser to own a firearm. They are far more likely to use the weapon to extract violence on the public with a firearm. For the record, the last four "active shooters" were all suffering from gender dysphoria and chose to extract revenge on those they perceive as their enemies. I don't give a good golly darn how much the woke attempt to characterize gender dysphoria as normal human behavior. Nothing could be further from the truth. The reason people suffering from this mental condition are attempting to indoctrinate our children as young as 5-6 years old is to make a sickness common enough to justify their own mental instability. If gender dysphoria is a normal human condition, there is no need to indoctrinate children to accept it as an option. These kids are very susceptible to adult cohercian. For christs sake, children believe in Santa Clause, the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny. Scientist who claim ridiculous theories about it being something that happens in the womb are full of crap. It is a mental condition and accepting it is just as insane and misguided as accepting serial killers and child abusers.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 9

Post by srothstein »

Rafe wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:36 pmBasically, if you're a permanent resident (e.g., have a green card) you're good to purchase, own, and possess a firearm. God bless the 2A. If you are not a legal permanent resident, you haven't earned that right yet.
While this is almost correct, it is not quite there. A legally admitted alien on a non-immigrant visa may purchase and own guns if they meet one of the exceptions, such as having a hunting license or a carry permit. I have always thought this was a stupid exception to have since anyone can get a hunting license and it does not require the firearm to be a hunting weapon. But then, I think not allowing the legally admitted non-immigrant to have a firearm is also a stupid rule. If he came in legally, he has 2A rights too.
Steve Rothstein

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

srothstein wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:29 pm
Rafe wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:36 pmBasically, if you're a permanent resident (e.g., have a green card) you're good to purchase, own, and possess a firearm. God bless the 2A. If you are not a legal permanent resident, you haven't earned that right yet.
While this is almost correct, it is not quite there. A legally admitted alien on a non-immigrant visa may purchase and own guns if they meet one of the exceptions, such as having a hunting license or a carry permit. I have always thought this was a stupid exception to have since anyone can get a hunting license and it does not require the firearm to be a hunting weapon. But then, I think not allowing the legally admitted non-immigrant to have a firearm is also a stupid rule. If he came in legally, he has 2A rights too.
Thanks, Steve. And in the memory-dimmed past of just a few years ago, I knew about the hunting license exception...but forgot it completely. I took a visiting Brit to the range at the end of 2018 and that very thing was brought up by the staff at the range. ;-)

And I'm kinda half with you on all legal admittees having 2A rights equal to citizens. But I don't think I'm completely convinced regarding most tourist and business traveler visas. If the duration of the stay is to be very brief with no intention of domicile (unlike student or temporary worker visas), I don't think "in possession of" a firearm, as in handling and firing--like my Brit friend at the range--should be restricted, but I'm not sure about purchasing and owning. Here for one week to sightsee, not so much. Here for a one-year work permit and establishing an address of residence, sure; I'm all for it.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Just an interesting tidbit for Houstonians:

Don't be alarmed, but FBI nuclear training exercises will be taking place in Houston through Friday
https://abc13.com/fbi-nuclear-training- ... /13201294/
Don't be alarmed, but Houstonians may start seeing military personnel, aircraft, and people with protective equipment.

The FBI will begin conducting a large-scale training exercise in southeast Houston and Harris County. The agency says it's to prepare for the possibility of a nuclear incident. The training will take place Monday through Friday [May 1 through May 5] at the following general areas:
  • NRG Park
  • Ellington Field
  • Highway 288 to Highway 146
  • East Freeway to Highway 225

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by powerboatr »

Rafe wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:34 pm Just an interesting tidbit for Houstonians:

Don't be alarmed, but FBI nuclear training exercises will be taking place in Houston through Friday
https://abc13.com/fbi-nuclear-training- ... /13201294/
Don't be alarmed, but Houstonians may start seeing military personnel, aircraft, and people with protective equipment.

The FBI will begin conducting a large-scale training exercise in southeast Houston and Harris County. The agency says it's to prepare for the possibility of a nuclear incident. The training will take place Monday through Friday [May 1 through May 5] at the following general areas:
  • NRG Park
  • Ellington Field
  • Highway 288 to Highway 146
  • East Freeway to Highway 225
wonder how many houses will be accidentally barraged into looking for training bad guy
they need to be looking for the illegal that murdered 5 people last week

darn i sound cynical of the FBI
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 9

Post by anygunanywhere »

The feebs are likely the ones who helped him escape and are hiding him.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “The Crime Blotter”