Coverage of the Derek Chauvin Trial in death of George Floyd

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Coverage of the Derek Chauvin Trial in death of George Floyd

Post by flechero »

Ruark wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:15 pm i agree, its going to be a real heads-up if they acquit him. The BLM/NFAC crowd will go absolutely ballistic. Cities will burn, people will die.
Or they will finally realize that they are no more important than any other leftist pawn... and have been constantly manipulated and used by the left for simple political gain, and nothing more.

Chris
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Chris »

srothstein wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:12 am
Chris wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:26 amWhen we had situations like that, we would call medics. They would transport to the hospital before being cleared to go to the jail. It would have been easier to transport on a medical cot than in a squad car anyway, for someone in that condition. I'm sure they already suspected his drug use, and someone in excited delirium is really difficult to deal with.
My experience with EMS is that they refuse to transport someone actively fighting, even if an officer rides in the ambulance with them. I do not know what Minneapolis' policies are on that.
We did many times. Get someone in a psychotic episode, they're going to the psychiatric unit at the hospital anyway. I never had medics refuse to transport for me.

Topic author
oljames3
Posts in topic: 53

Post by oljames3 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:02 pm Todays update? I guess I have to be a member to get updates from the lawofselfdefense site.
I was able to view Branca's analysis without logging in. https://lawofselfdefense.com/chauvin-pr ... ling-five/

Please let me know it this link does not work for you.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
oljames3
Posts in topic: 53

Post by oljames3 »

Chauvin Pre-trial Day 3: Two More Jurors Selected, Totaling Five

https://lawofselfdefense.com/chauvin-pr ... ling-five/
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 23

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

It worked. Thank You.

03Lightningrocks

It is fascinating to watch the questioning of these prospective jurors. I am honestly beginning to wonder how Chauvin is going to get a fair trial.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 5

Post by chasfm11 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:37 am It is fascinating to watch the questioning of these prospective jurors. I am honestly beginning to wonder how Chauvin is going to get a fair trial.
Tucker Carlson addressed that exact problem last night. I don't know how anyone who lives in that area cannot be afraid of the possible consequences of a not guilty verdict if they are on the jury. When the "woke" mob goes after high profile people, the average Joe serving on a jury hasn't got a chance. The McCloskey's are a great example. We have devolved back into Wild West "justice".
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Ruark
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Ruark »

So what do we know about the prosecutor and defense attorneys?
-Ruark

ELB
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ELB »

Ruark wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:42 am So what do we know about the prosecutor and defense attorneys?
The State AG took over prosecution from the local prosecutor, and the AG has a stable of state paid prosecutors, plus IIRC the AG brought in outside counsel specifically for this case, plus the state budget. As high profile as this case is, he effectively will has unlimited resources for this. The defendant has two private practice lawyers, one of which was admitted to the Minnesota Bar in 2001, was a cofounder of his law firm, and has specialized in criminal defense. Branca has not been complimentary of his performance so far. I don't know history of the other defense lawyer. And AFAIK they are working on Chauvin's budget, I can't tell if the Minneapolis police union is supporting him (and the other officers) financially or not. The police union president had publicly been a vocal defender, I guess you would call it, but he resigned in Jan.
USAF 1982-2005

03Lightningrocks

ELB wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:51 am
Ruark wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:42 am So what do we know about the prosecutor and defense attorneys?
The State AG took over prosecution from the local prosecutor, and the AG has a stable of state paid prosecutors, plus IIRC the AG brought in outside counsel specifically for this case, plus the state budget. As high profile as this case is, he effectively will has unlimited resources for this. The defendant has two private practice lawyers, one of which was admitted to the Minnesota Bar in 2001, was a cofounder of his law firm, and has specialized in criminal defense. Branca has not been complimentary of his performance so far. I don't know history of the other defense lawyer. And AFAIK they are working on Chauvin's budget, I can't tell if the Minneapolis police union is supporting him (and the other officers) financially or not. The police union president had publicly been a vocal defender, I guess you would call it, but he resigned in Jan.
Sounds like Chauvin is at a pretty hefty disadvantage.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:20 am Sounds like Chauvin is at a pretty hefty disadvantage.
No question about it - no matter what the outcome, his life is completely destroyed. About all he can do is get facial plastic surgery, a complete legal name change and move to a Uruguayan jungle village. Either that, or spend the rest of his life wearing body armor and looking over his shoulder. Sad.
-Ruark

03Lightningrocks

It is not suppose to happen like that in America. He was tried and convicted by the mob. The convicted felon drug addict that committed suicide by swallowing his fentanyl stash after getting caught passing counterfeit bills is elevated to saint status and a cop who was trying to do his job is demonized. Sad state of affairs' in my humble opinion.

philip964
Posts in topic: 34

Post by philip964 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:50 am It is not suppose to happen like that in America. He was tried and convicted by the mob. The convicted felon drug addict that committed suicide by swallowing his fentanyl stash after getting caught passing counterfeit bills is elevated to saint status and a cop who was trying to do his job is demonized. Sad state of affairs' in my humble opinion.
I totally agree. Up is down, wrong is right in this Brave New World. I wonder how long it will be before, we will not be allowed to raise our own children, lest they become Conservative.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/2021 ... ew-charge/

Third degree murder charge reinstated, so they can give the jury the opportunity to find him guilty of something, so they can continue to live after the trial.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

That same article says the jurors' identities are being kept secret. Good Heavens, I hope so.
-Ruark

philip964
Posts in topic: 34

Post by philip964 »

Ruark wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:39 pm That same article says the jurors' identities are being kept secret. Good Heavens, I hope so.
https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2021/03/ ... urors.html

Left will bully jurors.

They will be doxed.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”