IL: 13 yo teen killed by police at 2:30 am in alley

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

IL: 13 yo teen killed by police at 2:30 am in alley

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/2021 ... y-officer/

Police called to shots fired. Chased 13 yo teen with gun. Ditched gun seconds before he was shot and killed by officer. Had his hands almost up when officer fired.

Night makes it very difficult for anyone in this situation.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: IL: 13 yo teen killed by police at 2:30 am in alley

Post by puma guy »

Big difference in an isolated frame and real time, real life.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

In today's racial climate, mob rule will demand the officer be charged with a crime immediately followed by summary execution. In my view, how much time transpired between the kid ditching the gun and the kid stop running??

More importantly, where were this kid's parents and why did they allow him to run around in the middle of the night with a loaded gun?? By the time the BLM and SJWs are through, no one will want to be a police officer anymore and there will be no more police departments.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Like I stated before, it won’t be long until the only people that want to be in law enforcement are the criminals. Nobody else will want to do it. Wait until that happens.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

puma guy wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:56 am Big difference in an isolated frame and real time, real life.
I'd recommend that everyone take the time to do a use of force simulation. There is one in Las Vegas at the "Mob Museum" that is open to the public and is administered by off duty LEO's. When I did it I shot a guy with a cell phone. In my defense, he refused my command to keep his hands up and instead shoved them into his hoodie pocket, after I had gotten him to drop a hunting knife. But if I was a LEO, I'd probably fry, especially in today's environment.

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

mrvmax wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:36 am Like I stated before, it won’t be long until the only people that want to be in law enforcement are the criminals. Nobody else will want to do it. Wait until that happens.
:iagree:
Hey, maybe that's the plan. Let the criminals become cops, THEN you can hang them for things like picking their noses in public.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:06 pm
puma guy wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:56 am Big difference in an isolated frame and real time, real life.
I'd recommend that everyone take the time to do a use of force simulation. There is one in Las Vegas at the "Mob Museum" that is open to the public and is administered by off duty LEO's. When I did it I shot a guy with a cell phone. In my defense, he refused my command to keep his hands up and instead shoved them into his hoodie pocket, after I had gotten him to drop a hunting knife. But if I was a LEO, I'd probably fry, especially in today's environment.
They multiple scenarios like that when I went thru the citizen's police academy where I live. I can honestly say I didn't shoot any innocent people in my simulations. Unfortunately, I cannot say I survived every encounter. It was a very eye opening experience.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Flightmare wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:08 pm
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:06 pm
They multiple scenarios like that when I went thru the citizen's police academy where I live. I can honestly say I didn't shoot any innocent people in my simulations. Unfortunately, I cannot say I survived every encounter. It was a very eye opening experience.
I went through similar simulations when I attended our citizen's police academy. We also had some active shooter scenario's and I missed seeing the perp running with a bunch of students. Only had a clothing description to go by (green shirt and tan pants); I realized it was him at the last second and fired a round that was too late as he rounded a corner.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Cop was poorly trained.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

I can't blame the cop at all - gun was seen in the kid's hand and he (hand hidden from the cop's view) ditched it behind a fence.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

oohrah wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:04 pm Cop was poorly trained.
No, he wasn't. You need to explain why you think this way. Before you do that, I strongly suggest you go read the study from the Force Science Institute on how much time it takes to stop an action after you have committed to it. I believe this was originally researched to help explain why so many cases had officers saying the bad guy was shooting at them or facing them, but the shots hit him in the back. This Institute has done amazing work (IMO) on reaction time and force motion studies.
Steve Rothstein

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Cop was poorly trained. Another black man dead at the hands of the police. The police need to start policing the police.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

oohrah wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:13 pm Cop was poorly trained. Another black man dead at the hands of the police. The police need to start policing the police.
Kid was poorly trained (raised). Another black man dead because he was stupid. The black community needs to start policing the black community.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

oohrah wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:13 pm Cop was poorly trained. Another black man dead at the hands of the police. The police need to start policing the police.
No he wasn't. Take the course from the force science institute then come back. The shooter was turning with a pistol in his hand when the cop decided to live by shooting him.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

What is really sad about all this is that the black community is being conditioned by far left democrats to think of itself as a victim and the victim mentality is causing many of them to refuse to accept responsibility for their own actions. When a person, any person (black, white or brown), decides to take an action that sets into motion a series of events that leads to their death, only they bare the responsibility. Nobody else. No matter how much one yells racism.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”