Man accused of impersonating FBI agent

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Man accused of impersonating FBI agent

Post by RPB »

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/aust ... nating-fbi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
An Austin police officer pulled 41-year-old Armando Rodriguez over after watching a 2002 black Expedition turn on flashing lights and make a traffic stop.

A search of Rodriguez’s home found fake FBI, CIA, and military credentials as well as a Marine uniform, handcuffs and a pistol.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

speedsix
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Man accused of impersonating FBI agent

Post by speedsix »

...they oughta hang this wannabe at noon on Saturday from the flagpole at the Capitol...and that's just for having a Marine uniform...he's likely for robberies of folks who wouldn't report it...and maybe some sexual assaults...this one bears following...

SavageMythology

Post by SavageMythology »

speedsix wrote:...they oughta hang this wannabe at noon on Saturday from the flagpole at the Capitol...and that's just for having a Marine uniform...
:iagree: :patriot:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

AEA

Post by AEA »

I have this as my screensaver on my laptop.........
But, I'm not pulling anyone over! :coolgleamA:
Attachments
CIA.jpg
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

I hate the whole thing, but the marine uniform tweaks me the worst.

Yet another reason we should NOT have to display a CHL during a traffic stop. A real cop will figure out you have a CHL anyhow.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

steveincowtown wrote:I hate the whole thing, but the marine uniform tweaks me the worst.

Yet another reason we should NOT have to display a CHL during a traffic stop. A real cop will figure out you have a CHL anyhow.
Well, technically you are required to display the license, but the penalty has been removed, so don't feel like you have to.
NRA lifetime member

Madbull

Post by Madbull »

steveincowtown wrote:...Yet another reason we should NOT have to display a CHL during a traffic stop. A real cop will figure out you have a CHL anyhow.
This will likely sound like a rant, but it's not meant to be, promise. ;-)

I'm not sure the "what if someone impersonanting a PO stops me" is a good arguement for not needing to show your CHL permit, imo. Granted, I've got two frames of thought on this. The first as a private citizen and keeping my business my own. The second is that of a career long dispatcher. And the second thought trumps my first, heh.

A PO will not know that you are a CHL holder just by conducting a traffic stop on you (one of the most dangerous things for them to do other than domestic disturbances), since it's not linked to your plate. A PO will not know you are a CHL holder when he runs you if TCIC is down, (as it frequently is for maint, albeit in short intervals only most times. A PO will not know If you are an out-of-state CHL holder with a state that has a reciprocity with Texas, because CHLs are not listed in NCIC, only their local state database.

That's a lot of 'will not know' for a cop standing on the side of the road at 3am.

A CHLers argument a lot of times is that they are the law abiding ones and are doing the right thing, and as such cops shouldn't worry about them. I agree whole-heartily with the first part of that. however, a cop should always be wary of anyone he encounters, CHLers are no exceptions. Just because there is no sanction anymore for failing to display your CHL license to a PO doesn't mean I have any intentions of not doing so.

/Rant that wasn't meant to be a rant officially off. :biggrinjester:
Mailbox to Mailbox - 32 Days

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

speedsix wrote:...they oughta hang this wannabe at noon on Saturday from the flagpole at the Capitol...and that's just for having a Marine uniform...he's likely for robberies of folks who wouldn't report it...and maybe some sexual assaults...this one bears following...
I got some rope.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

JJVP

Post by JJVP »

Madbull wrote:
steveincowtown wrote:...Yet another reason we should NOT have to display a CHL during a traffic stop. A real cop will figure out you have a CHL anyhow.

I'm not sure the "what if someone impersonanting a PO stops me" is a good arguement for not needing to show your CHL permit, imo. Granted, I've got two frames of thought on this. The first as a private citizen and keeping my business my own. The second is that of a career long dispatcher. And the second thought trumps my first, heh.

A PO will not know that you are a CHL holder just by conducting a traffic stop on you (one of the most dangerous things for them to do other than domestic disturbances), since it's not linked to your plate. A PO will not know you are a CHL holder when he runs you if TCIC is down, (as it frequently is for maint, albeit in short intervals only most times. A PO will not know If you are an out-of-state CHL holder with a state that has a reciprocity with Texas, because CHLs are not listed in NCIC, only their local state database.

That's a lot of 'will not know' for a cop standing on the side of the road at 3am.

A CHLers argument a lot of times is that they are the law abiding ones and are doing the right thing, and as such cops shouldn't worry about them. I agree whole-heartily with the first part of that. however, a cop should always be wary of anyone he encounters, CHLers are no exceptions. Just because there is no sanction anymore for failing to display your CHL license to a PO doesn't mean I have any intentions of not doing so.

/Rant that wasn't meant to be a rant officially off. :biggrinjester:
Someone without a CHL can be legally carrying a weapon and has no duty to inform during a traffic stop. The LEO will not know. At least with the CHL'er he will find out when he runs the DL. He might even be a felon, illegally possessing a firearm and the LEO will not know either unless the felon pulls the gun on him. :tiphat:
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

C-dub wrote:
speedsix wrote:...they oughta hang this wannabe at noon on Saturday from the flagpole at the Capitol...and that's just for having a Marine uniform...he's likely for robberies of folks who wouldn't report it...and maybe some sexual assaults...this one bears following...
I got some rope.
Just put him in general population and tell a couple of inmates he was a cop. :reddevil
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

sumyungai

Post by sumyungai »

Madbull wrote:

We have MPA for a few years already. So if an officer stops two people with handguns in their car, one with a CHL and one using MPA, how exactly does it hurt the officer if the one with the CHL doesn't show it. The guy using MPA has no gun license to show. Add a third category for felons or gang members who aren't covered by MPA, but don't have to tell cops about the gun because that would violate their 5th amendment rights, and there's even less reason for the requirement to show a CHL, even a penalty free requirement.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

sumyungai wrote: We have MPA for a few years already. So if an officer stops two people with handguns in their car, one with a CHL and one using MPA, how exactly does it hurt the officer if the one with the CHL doesn't show it. The guy using MPA has no gun license to show. Add a third category for felons or gang members who aren't covered by MPA, but don't have to tell cops about the gun because that would violate their 5th amendment rights, and there's even less reason for the requirement to show a CHL, even a penalty free requirement.
I don't disagree with the argument that we as CHL holders should not be required to present our license when stopped as MPA carriers don't. However, it is still the law, even though there is no penalty for failure to do so, so I will follow the law. Besides, as a former LEO, I can tell you I would much rather someone be up front on telling me they are carrying than finding out later and then setting the question in my mind if they possibly had a reason to hide the fact they were armed.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...we have a winner!!!

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

:iagree: I will hand license and ID to the officer as the law requires. An officer instituted stop is stressful for both parties. Anything I can do to ease that situation will benefit both of us.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

AEA

Post by AEA »

:iagree:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Return to “The Crime Blotter”