Taco Cabana - West Houston shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Teamless
Posts in topic: 1

Taco Cabana - West Houston shooting

Post by Teamless »

One person has been confirmed dead. Four others were also shot. Their conditions are not known.
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/18937 ... st-houston" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

RPB
Banned

Re: Taco Cabana - West Houston shooting

Post by RPB »

http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012/07 ... co-cabana/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

News Video 2 dead http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=8721867" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.click2houston.com/news/1-kil ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

koolaid
Posts in topic: 2

Post by koolaid »

I hate seeing stories like this, clicking through, and realizing it is somewhere that I go fairly often.
01/02/2010 - Plastic

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

So I have never spent any time in that part of Houston, other than to zoom past while driving down the Beltway. What is that part of town like?
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Cobra Medic

Post by Cobra Medic »

It appears the shooting may have erupted from a drug deal gone bad. The man who died at the scene was inside an SUV. Marijuana was also inside that SUV.
How come we never hear about a drug deal gone good?
This will only hurt a little. What comes next, more so.

koolaid
Posts in topic: 2

Post by koolaid »

Jumping Frog wrote:So I have never spent any time in that part of Houston, other than to zoom past while driving down the Beltway. What is that part of town like?
I'm not entirely sure because I live on the other side of 10, but my wife works right down the beltway. I drop her off on my way to work and I often stop at that Cabana to pick up breakfast for my office.

It doesn't seem that bad, though. I wouldn't feel weird stopping for gas or food or anything at night.
01/02/2010 - Plastic

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Cobra Medic wrote:
It appears the shooting may have erupted from a drug deal gone bad. The man who died at the scene was inside an SUV. Marijuana was also inside that SUV.
How come we never hear about a drug deal gone good?
Are you Ron White? Hey everyone. Ron White's on the forum. "rlol"
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

barstoolguru

Post by barstoolguru »

Jumping Frog wrote:So I have never spent any time in that part of Houston, other than to zoom past while driving down the Beltway. What is that part of town like?
I am not sure about anything else but they have taco's for sure
Some parents say it is toy guns that make boys warlike. But give a boy a rubber duck and he will seize its neck like the butt of a pistol and shout "Bang!"......George Will

Return to “The Crime Blotter”