Mass Shooting in Connecticut-THREAD NAME CHANGE

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Mass Shooting in Connecticut-THREAD NAME CHANGE

Post by mojo84 »

Juan Williams was just on Bill O'Reilly. I'm convinced he is more of an idiot than I realized. He ended the segment by saying "we've got to do something". Even though he made no valid points regarding why "assault" weapons should be banned. The propaganda machine operated by the emotional twits is running at full steam.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

wally775
Posts in topic: 2

Post by wally775 »

Who remembers the Pearl River, MS. School shooting and how it was stopped.
Certainly not the media. The real telling comment came from the shooter in his note
he gave his friend before the shooting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_High_School_shooting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:tiphat:

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 7

Post by baldeagle »

Oldgringo wrote:Actually, today's media doesn't care about who eats whom. Their sole concern is ratings and the compensation package to those with the highest ratings.

And that's the way it is. Good night.
That's a pile of unmitigated hogwash.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Oldgringo »

baldeagle wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:Actually, today's media doesn't care about who eats whom. Their sole concern is ratings and the compensation package to those with the highest ratings.

That's a pile of unmitigated hogwash.
Baldeagle knows hogwash; especially, unmitigated hogwash. "rlol"

philip964
Posts in topic: 25

Post by philip964 »

http://www.khou.com/news/183807521.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Had a 15 year old male baby sitter when he was 9 or 10.

He says he recalls Nancy Lanza cautioning him never to turn his back on Adam, "to keep an eye on him at all times ... to never turn my back, or even to go to the bathroom or anything like that."

This is the young man she taught to shoot. Thanks Nancy. Can we all agree to put this in the "not to do column" now.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Oldgringo wrote:
Barbi Q wrote:
TexasGal wrote:Media now shifting attention from assault weapons to going after concealed carry:

http://news.yahoo.com/carry-loaded-gun- ... 26857.html
They are shameless in their push to help the wolves kill more innocent lambs.
Actually, today's media doesn't care about who eats whom. Their sole concern is ratings and the compensation package to those with the highest ratings.

If only it were so....but it isn't. If that were true then there would be many prime time shows seeking to get the entertainment dollars of millions of gun owners. There is no way coverage would be 99% anti-gun if it was just about the money. Homosexuals comprise a very small percentage of the population, and the constant promotion of homosexuality alienates millions of viewers, yet there is NO anti-homosexual programming. There is zero diversity of thought in the television and movie industry, which is why those in the business who have conservative leanings keep low profiles and you see lists of Hollywood "conservatives" because they're so rare.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Oldgringo »

VMI77 wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
Barbi Q wrote:
TexasGal wrote:Media now shifting attention from assault weapons to going after concealed carry:

Actually, today's media doesn't care about who eats whom. Their sole concern is ratings and the compensation package to those with the highest ratings.

If only it were so....but it isn't. If that were true then there would be many prime time shows seeking to get the entertainment dollars of millions of gun owners. There is no way coverage would be 99% anti-gun if it was just about the money. Homosexuals comprise a very small percentage of the population, and the constant promotion of homosexuality alienates millions of viewers, yet there is NO anti-homosexual programming. There is zero diversity of thought in the television and movie industry, which is why those in the business who have conservative leanings keep low profiles and you see lists of Hollywood "conservatives" because they're so rare.
I reckon I should have said "news" media?

You're right in that between the sensationalist and biased news and prime time TV, this viewer has been alienated with the unmitigated hogwash of so-called "reality" shows, various sitcoms and the sexually implicit "family dramas". It's a good thing that our TV's came with off-on switches.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Oldgringo wrote:
VMI77 wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
Barbi Q wrote:

I reckon I should have said "news" media?

You're right in that between the sensationalist and biased news and prime time TV, this viewer has been alienated with the unmitigated hogwash of so-called "reality" shows, various sitcoms and the sexually implicit "family dramas". It's a good thing that our TV's came with off-on switches.
The "news" too. Think about it....if a teen carries a gun to school in his backpack it makes the national news. The mall shooter in Oregon killed two people....made the national news (and without mentioning anything about the guy with a CHL we only heard about later on the internet). What about stories like that of the store owner in Houston who got in a gun battle with four gang bangers and though wounded himself, killed all of them, saving himself and his wife from being murdered? They were Hispanic, so it seems like political correctness alone would make that a great story, but a huge percentage of the population would find that kind of bravery and indomitable spirit inspiring. Not in the national news, nor is virtually any such story of self-defense. Those of us who don't live in Houston probably wouldn't even know about it if it wasn't for the internet and forums like this one.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

VMI77 wrote:What about stories like that of the store owner in Houston who got in a gun battle with four gang bangers and though wounded himself, killed all of them, saving himself and his wife from being murdered? They were Hispanic, so it seems like political correctness alone would make that a great story, but a huge percentage of the population would find that kind of bravery and indomitable spirit inspiring. Not in the national news, nor is virtually any such story of self-defense. Those of us who don't live in Houston probably wouldn't even know about it if it wasn't for the internet and forums like this one.
I still didn't know about it... Guess I'll have to pay more attention to the non-political threads.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 14

Post by RPB »

Dave2 wrote:
VMI77 wrote:What about stories like that of the store owner in Houston who got in a gun battle with four gang bangers and though wounded himself, killed all of them, saving himself and his wife from being murdered? They were Hispanic, so it seems like political correctness alone would make that a great story, but a huge percentage of the population would find that kind of bravery and indomitable spirit inspiring. Not in the national news, nor is virtually any such story of self-defense. Those of us who don't live in Houston probably wouldn't even know about it if it wasn't for the internet and forums like this one.
I still didn't know about it... Guess I'll have to pay more attention to the non-political threads.
he almost died trying to use 3 low capacity guns for defense.

most stories read 2 guns
pistol from his waistband a
and the shotgun
but IIRC he or his son said three guns, the waistband one, another one to get to the shotgun, and the shotgun

Googleable:
Houston, Texas
Ramon Castillo and Eva, his wife of 30 years, Jewelry Store owners face-off with three armed men who were going to tie them up and shoot them in the head. Four bullets pierced Castillo's body six times because he had to run around getting 3 different "low capacity" guns to fight back.
Castillo's condition was upgraded to fair Wednesday, and he is expected to recover fully. The family has set up a website to help with medical bills. Though "regular" capacity magazines in a "normal" capacity Glock could have benefited Mr. Castillo.

a few links, though there are more in Google

Sources: Suspects killed by Houston jewelry store owner had been on robbery spree http://www.khou.com/news/Police-identif ... 83964.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Store owner who killed suspects in critical condition
Monday, December 20, 2010
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?secti ... id=7850426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Family of store owner wounded in shootout speaks out
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?secti ... id=7858614" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Son: Killing 3 robbers weighs on East End shopkeeper
Struggle continues for East End store owner
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 708222.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Frankie
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Frankie »

EXCLUSIVE: Fear of being committed may have caused Connecticut gunman to snap
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/18/fe ... z2FRjNs1rW

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Skiprr »

VMI77 wrote:What about stories like that of the store owner in Houston who got in a gun battle with four gang bangers [sic] and though wounded himself, killed all of them, saving himself and his wife from being murdered? They were Hispanic, so it seems like political correctness alone would make that a great story, but a huge percentage of the population would find that kind of bravery and indomitable spirit inspiring. Not in the national news, nor is virtually any such story of self-defense. Those of us who don't live in Houston probably wouldn't even know about it if it wasn't for the internet and forums like this one.
To remind newer visitors of this act of bravery, from almost exactly one year ago: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=40467" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ramon Castillo was a gun owner, albeit without any significant training. Castillo nevertheless proved that commitment, intent, and fortitude can overcome armed and overwhelming odds. He had firearms, and he was protecting himself and his wife from certain death.

Sandy Hooks Elementary School Principal Dawn Hochsprung did everything she could do in the first encounter with the mentally ill shooter. She sacrificed her life trying to stop him.

But all she could do was switch on the PA system as a way to warn the various classrooms then, unarmed, physically confront the shooter who had broken through the glass front door.

President Obama is correct: something must be done.

Removing firearms from the hands of honest, moral, law-abiding citizens is not the correct answer. In fact, the obverse is the solution.

We now know how brave and fearless Dawn Hochsprung was.

With even a minimal amount of firearms training, if carrying a concealed handgun Dawn Hochsprung might have ended the threat from this 20-year-old, mentally-impaired assassin before children were ever harmed.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 7

Post by baldeagle »

Skiprr wrote:
VMI77 wrote:What about stories like that of the store owner in Houston who got in a gun battle with four gang bangers [sic] and though wounded himself, killed all of them, saving himself and his wife from being murdered? They were Hispanic, so it seems like political correctness alone would make that a great story, but a huge percentage of the population would find that kind of bravery and indomitable spirit inspiring. Not in the national news, nor is virtually any such story of self-defense. Those of us who don't live in Houston probably wouldn't even know about it if it wasn't for the internet and forums like this one.
To remind newer visitors of this act of bravery, from almost exactly one year ago: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=40467" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ramon Castillo was a gun owner, albeit without any significant training. Castillo nevertheless proved that commitment, intent, and fortitude can overcome armed and overwhelming odds. He had firearms, and he was protecting himself and his wife from certain death.

Sandy Hooks Elementary School Principal Dawn Hochsprung did everything she could do in the first encounter with the mentally ill shooter. She sacrificed her life trying to stop him.

But all she could do was switch on the PA system as a way to warn the various classrooms then, unarmed, physically confront the shooter who had broken through the glass front door.

President Obama is correct: something must be done.

Removing firearms from the hands of honest, moral, law-abiding citizens is not the correct answer. In fact, the obverse is the solution.

We now know how brave and fearless Dawn Hochsprung was.

With even a minimal amount of firearms training, if carrying a concealed handgun Dawn Hochsprung might have ended the threat from this 20-year-old, mentally-impaired assassin before children were ever harmed.
Before a single child was harmed.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

TexasGal
Posts in topic: 19

Post by TexasGal »

Fox reporting Adam Lanza's mother was in the process of arranging to have him committed:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/18/fe ... z2FRjNs1rW
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

TexasGal
Posts in topic: 19

Post by TexasGal »

Here is a poll asking if teachers should be allowed to carry. It is currently going against:

http://educationblog.dallasnews.com/201 ... guns.html/
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Return to “The Crime Blotter”